BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
WOW Omega 3 Review
Omega-3 is, as one might suspect, a supplement meant to supply you with essential Omega-3s. This product is manufactured for Fit And Glow Incorporated, a company based out Largo, Florida. They own 4 brands, including their health and wellness brand WOW. Over 80 supplements and personal care products carry the WOW logo. Fit And Glow began in 2013 with two products and have expanded rapidly. The company became responsible for over 50 products before their 3-year anniversary. Omega-3s are important for heart and brain health. Anyone can and should take supplements with omega-3s.
WOW Omega-3 contains the following ingredients: Omega 3 (ALA), Sodium, Cane Sugar, Glucose, Water, Citrus Pectin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Natural Orange extract for flavor.
Each gummy supplies you with 160 g of ALA Omega-3. The recommended dietary amount is a mere 1.1 to 1.6 g a day. (This means Fit And Glow made a big typo: one serving of 320 g is not 200 percent of your daily value, it is 20,000.) We get a good amount of ALA in our daily diets since it is found in many foods. It is usually used for energy, though, with a very small amount converted into DHA and EPA. The amount varies widely from person to person. It depends on diet, age, gender, and potentially other biological or environmental factors. Low EPA levels can correlate with heart problems, joint and bone conditions, and mental health issues. Keeping your body supplied with EPA can help prevent long-lasting chronic illness. Among the young and elderly, DHA is generally used to help your central nervous system and cognitive development.
- High potency Omega-3 supplement (over 1000 percent of your daily value for ALA in each gummy). They are even halal, kosher, and vegan.
- Gelatin free adult gummy supplements with orange flavoring. People have mixed feelings about the taste and texture.
- The Omega-3 is ALA instead of DHA or EPA, which is helpful if you are not sure which one you need. ALA is also commonly derived from seeds, so this product is free of fish oil and mercury.
- Contains sugar but the nutrition facts section doesn’t list how much. It only says 164 g total carbohydrates per serving. There is also 79 g sodium per gummy, which seems high.
- Apparently only for adults. The product label doesn’t recommend these for anyone under the age of 18, although that is probably a standard disclaimer. Given the formula and ingredients present in this supplement, it should be okay for literally anyone who can chew food properly.
Most adults will need an EPA supplement, and an ALA supplement may do the trick. Some people will be best served by getting EPA directly instead of indirectly, since ALA conversion into EPA and DHA is unreliable. It happens, but the rate varies wildly from person to person. If you want a specific amount of EPA in your diet, an ALA supplement might not be the best option. But it is an option, and for some people, it is the best possible option. There are hundreds of positive reviews and supplements about this Fit And Glow product. If you think you need it, you just might.
One of the Amino Acids [Blend] supplements we’ve come to trust the most is HCF Happy, Calm & Focused based on a unique FQ formula [15+ pure & effective associated neuro-nutrients] which research shows the ingredients may support memory, focus, attention, mood, and energy. People are reporting excellent results based on customer reviews we’ve seen and there is no mention of harmful side effects.
10yrs or More
|HCF Quality (4.8)||(4.8)|
|Nature Made Milk Thistle (3.9)||(3.9)|
|WOW Omega 3 (2.5)||(2.5)|
|NorLox Ultra (2.5)||(2.5)|
|Symmetry Cardio Essentials (2.4)||(2.4)|
|Super Focus (2.3)||(2.3)|