BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Usanimals Review – 12 Facts to Consider
Nutrition is a necessity throughout life. But it’s never more important than during the period of incredible development and growth that happens during childhood.
Pound for pound, children need more nutrients than adults. When you think about it, that makes perfect sense. Your child’s body is growing the systems that support a lifetime of health. It’s a pivotal time for their bones, their immune system, and primarily their brains.
USANA Usanimals claims to offer all the important vitamins and minerals your child needs to grow up healthy.
But can an MLM company deliver on this promise? Read our full Usanimals review below to find out more about this popular multivitamin supplement for kids.
1) What is Usanimals?
USANA Usanimals is advertised as a well-balanced multivitamin supplement that supports healthy development and growth in children. The formula contains a wide range of antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals needed for bone support, healthy immune function, growth, development, and energy levels.
According to USANA, this multivitamin supplement also helps the development of muscles, joints, strong bones, and teeth with the addition of Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D.
2) Who Makes Usanimals
Usanimals is made by USANA, a multi-level company (MLM) founded in 1992.
Most USANA supplements are made in the company’s facility, located in West Valley City. As an MLM company, USANA sells in 24 different countries through many distributors and partners.
USANA’s product line includes popular products such as:
- Booster C 600
- Proflavanol C200
- Vita Antioxidant
- Pure Rest
- Body Rox
- Stress Relief
How to contact USANA:
For the United States
- Phone: 1-888-950-9595
- Fax: 1-800-289-8081
- Address: 3838 West Parkway Boulevard, Salt Lake City, UT 84120
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: usana.com
- Address: 80 Innovation Dr., Woodbridge, ON, L4H0T2
- Phone: 1-888-950-9595
- Fax: 1-800-289-8081
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Details on Usanimals Ingredients and Uses
USANA Usanimals contains the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid) 125 mg
- Folic Acid 200 µg
- Inositol 15 mg
- Chromium (as Polynicotinate) 25 µg
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 200 IU
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 1.25 mg
- Beta Carotene (as Provitamin A) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine Mononitrate) 1.25 mg
- Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 50 IU
- Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) 1.25 mg
- Calcium (Carbonate) 75 mg
- Niacin 10 mg
- Zinc (HVP Chelate) 5 mg
- Biotin 75 µg
- Manganese (Gluconate) 0.5 mg
- Polyenylphosphatidyl Choline (Soy Lecithin) 25 mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 6 µg
- Vanadium (Citrate) 5 µg
- Pantothenic Acid 5 mg
- Iodine (Potassium Iodine) 50 µg
- Copper (Citrate) 0.5 mg
- Molybdenum (HVP Chelate) 12.5 µg
- Selenium (HVP Chelate) 15 µg
- Silicon (HVP Chelate) 1 mg
- Soy Lecithin (with Polyenylphosphatidyl Choline) 25 mg
- Magnesium (HVP Chelate, Citrate, and Oxide) 25 mg
- Antioxidant Phytonutrient Complex (cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, and wild blueberry powders) 40 mg
Other ingredients: xylitol, crystalline fructose, calcium silicate, salt, natural wild berry flavor, ascorbyl palmitate, hydrolyzed rice protein, evaporated cane syrup, dextrose, citric acid, modified cellulose, malic acid, dextrin, stevia, soy lecithin, sodium CMC, and sodium citrate.
4) Does Usanimals Work?
During his growth and development period, a child’s nutritional demand is higher than ever. A healthy diet is important at this crucial time, but studies showed that many children don’t get the nutrition they need from their diets alone.
Less than 25% of American children get the recommended five servings or more of fruits and vegetables per day. Vitamin C and Vitamin D are also often deficient. Furthermore, sufficient amounts of essential nutrients – like Zinc, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Calcium – are missing from their diets.
This demonstrated the need for advanced dietary supplements designed for children, supplements formulated with all the necessary antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients a child needs on a daily basis.
Vitamins and minerals support all the systems of the human body. They help start cellular reactions that your kids rely on for growth, energy, and good overall health.
Vitamin A – Beta-carotene is converted to Vitamin A in the body as needed. So, your child gets all the benefits of this vitamin. Vitamin A also provides antioxidant protection.
Antioxidants are substances that may protect your cells against the effects of free radicals – molecules produced when your body breaks down food or is exposed to various potentially dangerous factors (like high pollution, radiation, tobacco smoke, etc.).
B vitamins – Usanimals contain a carefully proportioned B vitamins complex, which supports healthy growth and development. This combination of essential vitamins also supports healthy energy metabolism.
Vitamin C – This essential vitamin is also an antioxidant critical to maintaining good health. It supports many essential functions and is vital for the synthesis of collagen – a type of connective tissue.
Collagen is the most abundant structural protein in the body and is necessary for healthy muscles, blood vessels, skin, bones, and teeth.
Vitamin D – Both adults and children need two kinds of Vitamin D to maintain a healthy body. Those are Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), made by the human body when the skin is exposed to UVB rays from the sun, and Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) is made by plants.
Vitamin D has multiple roles in the body. It assists in:
- Supporting cardiovascular health and lung function;
- Supporting immune, brain, and nervous system health;
- Promoting healthy bones and teeth;
- Influencing the expression of genes involved in cancer development;
- Supporting diabetes management and regulating insulin levels.
Vitamin K – Bones are growing quickly during childhood. Vitamin K helps promote healthy bones. It also supports normal blood clotting and calcium-binding throughout the body. Vitamin E also has antioxidant properties.
5) Usanimals: Pros and Cons
According to the manufacturer, Usanimals are carefully formulated to deliver nutritional support to your growing child and provide a broad spectrum of benefits:
- Provides Choline and B vitamins to support healthy brain development and function;
- Supports healthy immune function;
- Includes Vitamin B12, iron, and Thiamin to improve energy;
- Supports strong bones and teeth with Calcium, Vitamin D, and Magnesium;
- Supports healthy cells with fruit powders in the Antioxidant Phytonutrient Complex.
6) Side Effects of Using Usanimals
Usanimals contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. While these ingredients are likely safe when taken as recommending, getting too much of specific vitamins and minerals may cause some adverse effects, such as:
- Gas or bloating
- Dry mouth
- Skin rashes
- Discoloration of urine
- Lack of energy
- Loss of appetite
7) Usanimals Warnings and Precautions
Some vitamins may interact with specific prescriptions or alter the way the medication works. If you use other drugs or over-the-counter products simultaneously, the effects of Usanimals may change.
This multivitamin supplement may interact with:
- Aluminum hydroxide
- Ascorbic acid
8) Who Sells Usanimals?
Like all USANA products, you can purchase Usanimals online from the official store or many other retailers like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, BuyNutritionals, or Premium Vitamins.
9) Usanimals Price
One bottle of Usanimals (56 tablets / 28 servings) costs $18.65 if you buy from the official store or around $22.00 if you buy from another retailer or one of the USANA’s distributors and partners.
10) How to Use Usanimals
For children 24-47 months, chew one (1) tablet per day. For children four (4) years and older, chew two (2) tablets per day. Preferably with a meal.
11) What Users Are Saying
"My 3-year-old daughter loves the taste of these and has never complained. She actually reminds me every morning to give them to her!" [Read full review]
"These are the BEST vitamins on the market right now. I began giving these to my now three and a half-year-old when he was about two years old because a cousin of mine uses all of USANA's products, and she recommended these when I mentioned my son had bad seasonal allergies. I thought she was crazy because I saw no correlation between the two, but I decided to give it a shot anyway." [Read full review]
"I'm so surprised to hear the reviews about kids not liking these. My girls love them and make sure to remind me every day to give them their vitamins. We've been really pleased with this product and many of the other USANA products. I love having something natural to give my kids that gives them an extra boost of nutrition." [Read full review]
12) Final Thoughts on Usanimals
Nutrition is a serious topic. Antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals don’t sound fun to adults and certainly don’t sound fun to kids. But flavored multivitamins with various animal shapes do.
According to USANA, each Usanimals tablet is formulated with advanced nutritional support. And it’s stamped with a dolphin, monkey, tiger, or elephant. Usanimals are also chewable, with a delicious wild berry flavor.
So, your child will be delighted to take this easy-to-eat multivitamin. And each Usanimals tablet is made without artificial sweeteners or flavors – so you’ll be excited to give it to them, too.
Overall, USANA Usanimals is a good multivitamin for children that balances well the vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients included in its formula.If you’re ready to improve your brain health and wellness, we believe science has the answer.
One of the most praised focus and attention supplements in 2021 is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused. This product excels at nourishing your brain. With a unique formula of clinically proven ingredients, HCF works to make your journey towards brain health one you can stick with for the long term.
|Usanimals Customers Also Bought:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Usanimals - Frequently Asked Questions
USANA Usanimals contains the following active ingredients: Vitamin C (as Sodium Ascorbate and Ascorbic Acid), Folic Acid, Inositol, Chromium (as Polynicotinate), Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Beta Carotene (as Provitamin A), Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate), Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin), Calcium (Carbonate), Niacin, Zinc (HVP Chelate), Biotin, Manganese (Gluconate), Polyenylphosphatidyl Choline (Soy Lecithin), Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin), Vanadium (Citrate), Pantothenic Acid, Iodine (Potassium Iodine), Copper (Citrate), Molybdenum (HVP Chelate), Selenium (HVP Chelate), Silicon (HVP Chelate), Soy Lecithin (with Polyenylphosphatidyl Choline), Magnesium (HVP Chelate, Citrate, and Oxide), and Antioxidant Phytonutrient Complex (cranberry, raspberry, blackberry, and wild blueberry powders).
Usanimals is advertised as a balanced multivitamin supplement that supports healthy development and growth in children.
Usanimals’s adverse effects are rare and mild. These side effects may include diarrhea, nausea, constipation, gas, bloating, fatigue, headaches, dry mouth, irritability, itching, overactivity, flushing, skin rashes, discoloration of urine, lack of energy, or loss of appetite.
You can buy Usanimals online from the official store or many other retailers like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, BuyNutritionals, or Premium Vitamins.
One bottle of Usanimals (56 tablets / 28 servings) costs $18.65.
The antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals included in this formula are claimed to work for bone support, healthy immune function, growth, development, and energy levels.
Usanimals contain several proven ingredients that may benefit children who are not getting enough vitamins and minerals from diet alone.
Usanimals contain vitamins that may interact with specific prescriptions. As for all dietary supplements, we recommend caution before taking the product if you are under treatment or have a known medication condition.
Your child can take Usanimals alongside other daily multivitamins. However, we recommend consulting a pediatrician before starting this product if your child is already taking a multivitamin supplement.
According to USANA, Usanimals multivitamin supplement is ideal for children 2-12 years old.
Usanimals don't contain any potentially dangerous or banned ingredients.
Usanimals multivitamin supplement is intended for children who do not get the recommended daily dose of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from diet alone.
Usanimals multivitamin is designed as a supplement for children. However, the product can also be used by pregnant or nursing women. Still, we recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking Usanimals.
For children 24-47 months, chew one (1) tablet per day. For children four (4) years and older, chew two (2) tablets per day.
You can contact USANA's customer service by phone at 1-888-950-9595, fax at 1-800-289-8081, or email at email@example.com.
USANA Health Sciences has a 30 Day, 100% money-back guarantee return policy in place. To return a product, simply contact the company's customer support department with your return request.
Most buyers are happy with this multivitamin. However, some customers complained about their children refusing to take the supplement due to an unpleasant taste.
Usanimals reviews and testimonials on Amazon are overwhelmingly favorable. The multivitamin is rated 4.5 out of 5 (129 ratings), with 90% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Usanimals multivitamin supplement for children is produced by USANA, a multi-level company (MLM) founded in 1992.
- The Importance of Child Nutrition - mana.md. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Childhood Nutrition - healthychildren.org. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Childhood Nutrition Facts - cdc.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA Health Sciences, Inc. - reuters.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA Health Sciences History - ZIPPIA. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA official website. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- L. Cooke - The importance of exposure for healthy eating in childhood: a review. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Dr. Leann Birch, Jennifer S. Savage, and Alison Ventura - Influences on the Development of Children's Eating Behaviours: From Infancy to Adolescence. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Facts & Statistics - hhs.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans - health.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Guangwen Tang - Bioconversion of dietary provitamin A carotenoids to vitamin A in humans. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- A. Sommer, J. Katz, and I. Tarwotjo - Increased risk of respiratory disease and diarrhea in children with preexisting mild vitamin A deficiency. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Jennifer Berry - Benefits and uses of B-complex vitamins. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Lauren M. Young, Andrew Pipingas, David J. White, Sarah Gauci, and Andrew Scholey - A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of B Vitamin Supplementation on Depressive Symptoms, Anxiety, and Stress: Effects on Healthy and 'At-Risk' Individuals. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- David O. Kennedy, Rachel Veasey, Anthony Watson, Fiona Dodd, Emma Jones, Silvia Maggini, and Crystal F. Haskell - Effects of high-dose B vitamin complex with vitamin C and minerals on subjective mood and performance in healthy males. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Kathleen M. Zelman - The Benefits of Vitamin C. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin C - National Institutes of Health (NIH). Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin C - mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Megan Ware - What are the health benefits of vitamin D? Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin E - Harvard School of Public Health. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Alina Bradford - Vitamin E: Sources, Benefits & Risks. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- James J. DiNicolantonio, Jaikrit Bhutani, and James H. O'Keefe - The health benefits of vitamin K. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Cari Nierenberg - Getting Too Much of Vitamins And Minerals. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Multivitamins - drugs.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Multivitamins - rxlixt.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.