BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Slow-Mag Review – 6 Things You Need to Know
Slow-Mag is a dietary supplement that is regarded as an electrolyte and a replacement solution that maintains the magnesium levels in the blood. Physicians prescribe this medication for low magnesium levels in the body, seizures, and magnesium supplementation.
The company behind this product is “Purdue Products L.P.” who claims that their product contains enteric-coated tablets that provide elemental magnesium to the body and helps with proper muscle function and maintain the nervous system.
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1) Slow-Mag Quick Facts
Slow-Mag is a mineral supplement used to control and elevate low amounts of magnesium in the body.
Magnesium is very critical for the proper functioning of cells, muscles, nerves, and bones. Usually, a balanced diet provides normal blood levels of magnesium.
However, some situations cause your body to lose magnesium faster than you can replace it with your diet. These include a poor diet, treatment with “water pills” (diuretics such as furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide), alcoholism, or other medical conditions (e.g., severe diarrhea/vomiting, problems in intestinal absorption, and poorly controlled diabetes).
Magnesium is necessary for healthy carbohydrate metabolism, protein syntheses, and proper muscle function. It is required for the role it plays in helping the body utilize potassium and calcium properly.
Normal magnesium levels also contribute to maintaining healthy heart rhythms. Its primary function is to support the nervous system and brain health by:
- Support regulation of a critical brain receptor involved in the maintenance of normal hormone levels;
- Help support memory performance and learning in aging adults ;
- Help regulate a key brain neurotransmitter essential for supporting learning and memory function in aging adults;
- Support the processes involved in active learning and cognition;
- Contribute to maintaining proper communication amongst the nervous system and other body systems.
2) Slow-Mag Ingredients
Slow-Mag contains the following ingredients: Calcium, Magnesium, Chloride, and Sodium.
3) Slow-Mag Health Benefits
- It’s instrumental in increasing low magnesium level and maintaining it;
- Helps support the nervous system and maintain good brain health;
- Helps with proper muscle function;
- Capsules are enteric-coated to prevent stomach upset.
4) Slow-Mag Product Warnings
- Taking this supplement in excess may cause diarrhea and bloat. Taking it with a meal helps to reduce these effects. If either of these effects persists or worsen, tell your physician promptly;
- A very severe allergic reaction to this supplement is rare. However, if you notice any symptoms including rash, severe dizziness, itching/swelling (especially the face/tongue/throat), and trouble breathing, seek immediate medical attention.
5) How to Take Slow-Mag
One way magnesium counters stress and anxiety is by binding to and stimulating GABA receptors in the brain. If you are easily overwhelmed, lay awake with racing thoughts, disorganized, or always find something new to worry about, you likely have low GABA levels.
Slow-Mag thus indirectly increases the level of GABA to help combat stress and reduce anxiety.
6) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Many supplements are available on the market today that claim to stimulate brain function, but no one helps boost the brain’s nutrition itself. Unlike any other supplement, Slow-Mag helps increase brain nutrition and proper functioning by providing magnesium’s optimal levels.
This supplement is recommended for those who want to replace and maintain the magnesium levels in the body. It may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.Need to regain focus and attention? Take a look at a product created to help you get your focus and attention back while promoting overall brain health and wellness.
An excellent calm, focus, and attention supplement in 2021 is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused. The company has been committed to providing the highest quality 'calm and focused' products to more than 45 countries worldwide, focusing only on the foundational building blocks of life; amino acids, minerals, and vitamins, unlike the traditional high-dose 'all-in-one' or artificially stimulating/inhibiting herbal ingredients found on the market today for promoting calm and focus.
|Slow-Mag Customers Also Shopped:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused