Prenatal DHA Review
Prenatal DHA is a fish oil supplement with vitamin D, aimed at helping fetal development and a healthy pregnancy. It’s sold by California company Nordic Naturals, who says they’re committed to delivering the world’s safest and most effective fish oils. They were founded in 1995 and became known for introducing high quality fish oils to the United States. The company has been winning awards for over ten years because of their levels of quality in each supplement.
Prenatal DHA contains the following ingredients: Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol in olive oil), Total Omega-3s, EPA, DHA, Other Omega-3s, Purified deep sea fish oil (from anchovies and sardines), soft gel capsule (gelatin, water, glycerin), d-alpha tocopherol, no gluten, milk derivatives or artificial colors or flavors.
Every serving of Prenatal DHA delivers 830 mg of omega-3s to your body, with 480 mg of DHA. The source of the Omega-3 fatty acids is a blend of anchovy and sardine, two of the most common fish to extract fish oil from. They tend to be high in EPA and DHA compared to some other fish. A lot of research shows how fish oil is effective in enhancing cardiovascular health, especially when it comes to fighting heart disease and high triglycerides. It’s especially important for babies (those still in the womb and newborns) along with their mothers. Omega-3s can have a role in improving mental function and behavior, alleviating symptoms of depression, preventing damage caused by prescription medication, and increasing bone density. DHA has a large role in proper development, and pregnant women should generally aim to get supplements high in DHA levels. This is in addition to normal prenatal vitamins. Normally vitamin D and calcium are also extra important, but this supplement contains vitamin D, so you don’t have to worry much about how much is contained in your other supplements.
- DHA and EPA with 400 IU vitamin D. Each daily serving delivers over 500 mg of Omega-3s. The DHA levels are also highest, as they should be for women who are pregnant or lactating.
- Molecularly distilled natural formula without artificial colors or flavors. It’s also supposed to have no taste or odor.
- Small soft gel capsules which can be chewed or swallowed with no difficulty.
- For a true premium product with high potency, they could increase the amount of EPA and DHA per capsule. A combined 1000 mg could be useful instead of a combined 685 mg per serving.
- The label doesn’t specify how much vitamin E is present here, even though it’s listed as an ingredient.
There are hundreds of positive reviews and testimonials to back up Prenatal DHA. A couple of people disagreed about the smell, which could be due to a number of reasons. One person guessed that they received a bad batch from an unreliable vendor they were trying for the first time. Nordic Naturals is considered a popular and reputable brand with a long history in developing fish oil supplements. Prenatal DHA appears to be another success, a high quality product for pregnant and lactating women to get the omega-3 fatty acids they need. DHA is an essential part of their diet and Prenatal DHA is a good supplier of it.
10yrs or More
|HCF Quality (4.8)||(4.8)|
|Prenatal DHA (2.8)||(2.8)|
|Landau Kosher Ginkgo Biloba (2.7)||(2.7)|
|Pomology Mind Formula (2.2)||(2.2)|