BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Neuriva De-Stress Review – 12 Things You Need to Know
Stress symptoms may be impacting your health, even though you might not recognize it. You may think illness is to blame for your decreased productivity at work, that irritating headache, or your frequent insomnia. But stress may actually be the cause.
According to a 2019 survey, part of an annual Gallup poll of more than 150,000 people worldwide, Americans are among the most stressed people in the world.
In the United States, about 55% of adults said they had experienced stress during “a lot of the day” prior, compared with just 35% globally.
Giving this worrisome trend, there’s no surprise that many supplement manufacturers switched their focus to natural formulas for stress and anxiety relief, much like Schiff’s Neuriva De-Stress.
1) What is Neuriva De-Stress?
Neuriva De-Stress is advertised as a natural supplement for everyday stress reduction, relaxation, focus, accuracy, and concentration.
The supplement features Neurofactor (a patented whole fruit extract from the Coffea Arabica plant), which was showed to increase Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) levels that aid neuron growth, along with a melon concentrate and L-Theanine.
2) How Did Neuriva De-Stress Start?
Neuriva De-Stress is produced by Schiff Nutrition International (also known as Schiff Vitamins), a dietary supplement manufacturer located in Salt Lake City, and the manufacturer of extensive product lines such as Move Free, Digestive Advantage, Airborne, Bodiome, and MegaRed.
In 1936, Joe Weider founded Schiff Nutrition International as Weider Nutrition. As Weider Nutrition, they were the creators of Tiger’s Milk nutrition bars, and related products, one of the earliest sports foods lines.
In 2012, Schiff Nutrition International was acquired by Reckitt Benckiser (RB) in a 1.4 billion US$ deal. However, Schiff’s name continues to be used on the company’s products.
Reckitt Benckiser has operations in over 60 countries, with headquarters in the UK, Singapore, Dubai, and Amsterdam, and sales in almost 200 countries.
How to contact Schiff Nutrition International:
- Phone: 1 (888) 532-4574
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: schiffvitamins.com
3) Ingredients of Neuriva De-Stress
Schiff Neuriva De-Stress contains the following active ingredients:
- Coffee Fruit Extract 100 mg
- L-Theanine 200 mg
- French Melon Concentrate 100 mg
Other ingredients include microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate.
4) What Does Neuriva De-Stress Do?
Neuriva De-Stress proposes a relatively basic formulation consisting of three active ingredients.
Neurofactor is a patented coffee fruit extract produced by FutureCeuticals and sold to supplement manufacturers to be used in various dietary supplements.
According to FutureCeuticals, NeuroFactor works by stimulating Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) production, a key neuroprotein involved in overall brain health.
This decaffeinated compound showed benefits for increasing the Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) levels. This protein some scientists believe is critical to help your brain stay mentally sharp as you age.
- Increased brain plasticity;
- May improve mild and moderate depression;
- Better sleep quality;
- Weight-loss support;
- May offer protection against neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
As said above, Neurofactor was extensively researched in a number of clinical studies. For instance, a clinical study determined that 100 mg doses of Neurofactor effectively boost BDNF levels by 143% within 1-hour – much more than the other extracts tested in this study.
L-Theanine is an amino acid that occurs naturally in green tea and black tea, but it is also available in supplement form. Research suggests that L-Theanine might provide a range of health benefits, including improved mental focus and better sleep quality.
Scientists believe that L-Theanine works by affecting the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, including serotonin and dopamine, which influence mood, sleep, and emotion, and cortisol.
L-Theanine may help to increase adaptability to stress, according to a 2016 study. Healthy participants consumed a placebo or a drink containing 200 mg of L-Theanine.
One hour after consumption, the stress response to a cognitive stressor was significantly reduced in those who consumed the L-Theanine drink. Three hours after consumption, saliva cortisol (a hormone secreted in response to stress) was considerably lower.
A 2017 study published in Acta Neuropsychiatrica analyzed the use of L-Theanine for major depression. The trial included 20 men and women who received 250 mg of L-Theanine added to their current treatment for two months. They found it had multiple benefits in sleep disturbances, relieving anxiety, and cognitive impairment associated with depression.
Another study published in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry focused on people with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Scientists observed that L-Theanine decreased anxiety and improved symptoms.
The French Melon Concentrate contains superoxide dismutase, a natural enzyme with some potential health benefits.
So far, research on the health effects of supplements containing superoxide dismutase is limited. What’s more, there’s some proof that superoxide dismutase may not be absorbed by the body when taken in supplement form.
In alternative medicine, superoxide dismutase supplements are said to protect against the following conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Interstitial cystitis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Parkinson’s disease
Preliminary research suggests that superoxide dismutase shows promise in treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease), Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, cataracts, and some forms of cancer.
However, there is currently a lack of clinical trials testing the use of superoxide dismutase to treat these conditions.
There’s also some evidence suggesting that superoxide dismutase antioxidant properties may protect against oxidative damage in healthy adults.
5) Neuriva De-Stress: Pros and Cons
Neuriva De-Stress claimed benefits include:
- Designed to fuel brain health in 5 ways: everyday stress reduction, relaxation, focus, accuracy, and concentration;
- Contains clinically proven and naturally sourced ingredients;
- Contains a proprietary Melon Concentrate, which is a source of potent antioxidants;
- Vegetarian and gluten-free formula;
- Made with decaffeinated coffee cherry to help relax without causing drowsiness.
6) Potential Neuriva De-Stress Adverse Effects
Neuriva De-Stress contains L-Theanine, which may cause mild adverse effects, such as headaches or sleepiness.
7) What You Need to Know Before Taking Neuriva De-Stress
- Medications for high blood pressure (antihypertensive drugs), such as Enalapril (Vasotec), Captopril (Capoten), Valsartan (Diovan), Losartan (Cozaar), Diltiazem (Cardizem), Hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), Amlodipine (Norvasc), or Furosemide (Lasix);
- Stimulants that speed up the nervous system such as Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), Epinephrine, Diethylpropion (Tenuate), or Phentermine (Ionamin).
8) Who Sells Neuriva De-Stress?
Schiff Neuriva De-Stress can be purchased online (Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Walgreens, GNC, etc.) or in local stores and supermarkets.
You can also find all Schiff Vitamins products on the company’s official online store. They offer competitive prices, discounts, and free shipping within the United States.
9) Neuriva De-Stress Cost
One bottle of Neuriva De-Stress (30 capsules / 30 servings) costs $39.99.
10) How to Use Neuriva De-Stress
As a dietary supplement, adults (18 years and older) take one (1) capsule daily.
11) What Users Are Saying
"I tried this for me because I have MS. It made me more awake with no brain fog. I also felt more relaxed and handled unexpected things better. I also loved the app you can download. It helps my concentration." [Read full review]
"This product is all-natural and easy to take. The vegetarian capsules are easy to swallow. I was a bit setback by the use of the word coffee, but I never felt jittery. I can relax at the end of a long day without worrying about how and what of the next day. I am pleased with this product." [Read full review]
"I've been using this for the last 30 days, and I like how it made me alert. It helps to bring my stress level down and made my mind a little sharper than usual I noticed that my memory is better. I will continue to buy as long as it helps me with my absentmindedness." [Read full review]
12) Our Bottom Line
Neuriva De-Stress proposes an interesting formulation, primarily due to the patented Neurofactor coffee fruit extract. While more research is needed, coffee fruit extracts showed promised results as BDNF-boosters.
L-Theanine is another excellent addition to the formula as this essential amino acid has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.
Overall, Schiff’s Neuriva De-Stress may be a good choice for those looking for a natural supplement for stress and anxiety, but also relaxation, focus, accuracy, and concentration.Remember all brain supplements are not created equal, if you're looking to achieve greater focus, look at supplements specifically designed to achieve focus, and never buy a supplement that isn't made from the highest quality ingredients.
The new standard in brain supplementation is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused. Unlike far too many supplements, HCF proposes a unique FQ formulation that can offer a lot in terms of supporting cognitive health and general well-being.
|Neuriva De-Stress Customers Related Products:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Neuriva De-Stress - Frequently Asked Questions
Schiff Neuriva De-Stress contains the following active ingredients: Coffee Fruit Extract, L-Theanine, and French Melon Concentrate.
Schiff Neuriva De-Stress is a natural supplement for everyday stress reduction, relaxation, focus, accuracy, and concentration.
This supplement contains natural ingredients that have been tested extensively and proven safe even when taken long-term. Still, we recommend caution as some users may still experience mild adverse effects such as headaches or sleepiness. These side effects typically happen while your body adjusts to the supplement.
Neuriva De-Stress can be purchased online (Schiff store, Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Vitamin Shoppe, CVS, Walgreens, GNC, etc.) or in local stores and supermarkets.
One bottle of Neuriva De-Stress (30 capsules / 30 servings) costs $39.99.
Neuriva De-Stress features three active ingredients. Neurofactor (a patented whole fruit extract from the Coffea Arabica plant) was showed to increase Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) levels that aid neuron growth. L-Theanine was extensively studied for its benefits in reducing stress, anxiety and promoting mood and relaxation. The French Melon Concentrate contains superoxide dismutase, which has powerful antioxidant properties.
All three active ingredients in Neuriva De-Stress have proven benefits for attention, focus, mood, stress, and anxiety. Giving the many positive user reviews too, this natural supplement may indeed work as advertised.
We recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking Neuriva De-Stress - or any other dietary supplement - if under treatment or have a known medical condition.
You can take Neuriva De-Stress with other dietary supplements or your daily multivitamin.
Schiff Neuriva De-Stress is not intended for children or adolescents under 18.
This natural supplement doesn't contain toxic, banned, or potentially dangerous ingredients.
Neuriva De-Stress is designed for people looking for a natural supplement for stress reduction, relaxation, focus, accuracy, and concentration.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should consult a healthcare provider before taking Neuriva De-Stress.
As a dietary supplement, take one (1) capsule daily.
You can contact the Schiff customer support department by phone at 1 (888) 532-4574, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the "Contact Us" form available on the company's official website.
The company will only accept returns providing that products are returned in their original packaging, in a saleable condition within 30 days from the invoice's date. Contact the customer support department to expedite the return in the most appropriate manner.
Buyers are generally happy with this natural supplement. However, a low percentage of customers complained about experiencing mild side effects after taking the supplement.
Neuriva De-Stress customer reviews and testimonials on Amazon are very positive. This natural supplement is rated 4.3 out of 5, with 80% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Neuriva De-Stress is produced by Schiff Nutrition International, a subsidiary of Reckitt Benckiser (RB).
- Gallup 2019 Global Emotions Report. gallup.com. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Schiff Nutrition International official website. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Weider Global Nutrition - History of Excellence - web.archive.org. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Sapna Maheshwari - Reckitt Benckiser Signs Agreement to Acquire Schiff. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- FutureCeuticals official website. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Tania Reyes-Izquierdo, Boris Nemzer, Cynthia Shu, Lan Huynh, Ruby Argumedo, Robert Keller, and Zb Pietrzkowski - Modulatory effect of coffee fruit extract on plasma levels of a brain-derived neurotrophic factor in healthy subjects. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Stephen Daniels - Coffee fruit extract shows potential brain benefits: FutureCeuticals study. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Whole Coffee Fruit Concentrate Pilot Study 1 (WCFC). Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Magdalena Miranda, Juan Facundo Morici, María Belén Zanoni, and Pedro Bekinschtein - Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor: A Key Molecule for Memory in the Healthy and the Pathological Brain. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- David J. White, Suzanne De Klerk, William Woods, Shakuntla Gondalia, Chris Noonan and Andrew B. Scholey - Anti-Stress, Behavioural and Magnetoencephalography Effects of an l-Theanine-Based Nutrient Drink: A Randomised, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Trial. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Shinsuke Hidese, Miho Ota, Chisato Wakabayashi, Takamasa Noda, Hayato Ozawa, Tsutomu Okubo, and Hiroshi Kunugi - Effects of chronic l-theanine administration in patients with major depressive disorder: an open-label study. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Michael S. Ritsner, Chanoch Miodownik, Yael Ratner, Tatyana Shleifer, Maria Mar, Leonid Pintov, and Vladimir Lerner - L-Theanine Relieves Positive, Activation, and Anxiety Symptoms in Patients With Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective Disorder: An 8-Week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, 2-Center Study. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- F. P. Zemlan, O. J. Thienhaus, and H. B. Bosmann - Superoxide dismutase activity in Alzheimer's disease: a possible mechanism for paired helical filament formation. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Laure Egoumenides, Audrey Gauthier, Sandy Barial, Marion Saby, Céline Orechenkoff, Guy Simoneau, and Julie Carillon - A Specific Melon Concentrate Exhibits Photoprotective Effects from Antioxidant Activity in Healthy Adults. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Theanine - webmd.com. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- L-Theanine - examine.com. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.
- Theanine - rxlist.com. Retrieved on February 23, 2021.