BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Based on reputable external sources and customer feedback, HCF Happy, Calm & Focused is one of the top amino acid brain supplements for attention challenges. Not a real shocker for all of our well informed consumers who keep up on all the ins and outs of different fad products that come and go each year.
HCF seems to continue its strong consumer following year after year and we would be foolish not to listen to your feedback.
1) What Is HCF Happy, Calm & Focused?
So here’s the HCF Happy, Calm & Focused breakdown and a few of the criteria that seem to make it popular.
- Solid science on it’s 90/10 Amino Acid Formulation – Unlike the typical high-dose “fifty-ingredients-in-one” glorified multivitamins or herbal “artificial stimulate or inhibit” brain supplements that come and go, HCF’s 90/10 formulation (90% FQ amino acids with a solid 10% delivery system) has proven itself to support BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) penetration and naturally feed key “feel good” neurotransmitters and the Hypothalamus (balancing your entire Endocrine System);
- Proven track record. We have a great deal of respect for companies that stand the test of time, HCF AminoScience has been in business for over ten years. In those many years of business the feedback has been impressive – 1000+ third party Amazon Reviews are very convincing especially since these are actual “real reviews” and not the thousands of fake reviews we were seeing on Amazon. (Amazon has cracked down on fake reviews in within the last year and they now enforce a stricter review policy). But we have always hated fake reviews, so with companies that have been around a while, we went back to 2/23/2016 and the reviews were either verified purchases or samples that the company sent to the toughest critics.
- Additionally, not only has our site received scores of positive feedback over the years (as shown below), but the HCF AminoScience company itself has collected over 100+ IP documented experiences from professionals around the world on their own website as a strong record of product effectiveness.
2) Who Makes HCF?
HCF AminoScience is a company based in Miami, Florida. HCF AminoScience is the researcher, distributor and online retailer of their scientifically formulated FQ amino-acid supplements.
8950 SW 74th Ct, Ste. 2201
Miami, FL 33156
3) HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Ingredients
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused works on a 90/10 formulation (90% FQ amino acids with a solid 10% associated neuro-nutrient delivery system) and the similarity of the formula to whole food proteins seems to contribute to its effectiveness.
Many brain supplements we review will often try to load up their ingredient list with whatever exotic-sounding, “media hype” ingredient is on TV, or will somehow help them pre-sell the product even at the expense of creating an ineffective formulation.
But through the years, The HCF Company has shown they will not compromise on their manufacturing principles. Their history and track record of standing behind their product has always impressed us and others in the industry. HCF’s ingredients include two parts:
Part 1) Two Key Amino Acids (90% Avg of Formulation)
Amino Acid F: DL-Phenylalanine (pronounced: “D-L-FEN-L-AL-UH-NEEN”)
- Essential (only comes from outside food) amino acid of tremendous nutritional importance.
- The known nutritional precursor to the neurotransmitters DA, NE, EPI and involved in the release of PEA, which can sensitize endorphin receptors to endorphins.
- These neurotransmitters strongly support warm feelings of love, pleasure, happiness, alertness, energy, motivation, memory, attention, internal calmness, and sleep to name just a few.
Amino Acid Q: L-Glutamine (pronounced: “L-GLOO-TUH-MEEN”)
- Conditional (only sometimes produced by the body) amino acid.
- Major precursor for the neurotransmitter GABA, or gamma aminobutyric acid.
- Helps the mind relax and “tone down” unwanted “mind chatter” which can sharpen a person’s ability to focus and concentrate with more clarity.
Part 2) Associated Neuro-Nutrients (10% Avg of Formulation)
- Balanced HCF delivery system – Their concept is that these precise levels of synergistic vitamins, minerals support these two key amino acids to pass through the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) and nutritionally feed the brain.
- List: Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol succinate), Vitamin B1 (as thiamine HCL), Vitamin B2 (as riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (as niacin & niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), Biotin, Vitamin B5 (as d-calcium pantothenate), Calcium (as calcium citrate), Iron (as ferrous fumarate), Magnesium (as magnesium oxide), Zinc (as zinc citrate & zinc picolinate), Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate).
4) Does HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Work?
HCF explains the short answer is that most brain and memory supplements work very similar to multivitamins in an “all-in-one” approach or like drugs (natural herbs) that either stimulate or inhibit your neurotransmitters into feeling something.
Let’s face it.. most people want instant gratification. But HCF takes more of a long view approach (although a large % report results in 24-48 hours) in terms of naturally feeding the brain the FQ amino acids that any science or dietary nutrition book will tell you your brain needs to have on a daily basis.
HCF’s FQ (F = DL-Phenylalanine, Q = L-Glutamine, pronounced: “D-L-FEN-L-AL-UH-NEEN” & “L-GLOO-TUH-MEEN”) are two powerful, key amino acids found in whole-food proteins like fish, milk, cheese, and turkey. These two amino acids, FQ work by naturally supporting the increase of the “feel good” neurotransmitter levels responsible for helping you feel happy, calm, and focused every single day.
It’s been said by a well-respected neuro-scientist that “based on the modern-day stressed out life which most people live and their bodies face every single day, we would have to consume up to approximately 16 lbs. of fish, 2 lbs. of cheese, 2 gallons of milk, 2 lbs of turkey each and every stressed
To demonstrate the role of phenylalanine in attention and cognitive recognition, we took a look at one clinical study, where urinary excretion (24-hr) of beta-phenylethylamine (PEA), phenylacetic acid (PAA), phenylalanine (Phe), and p-tyrosine (Tyr), and plasma levels of PAA, Phe, and Tyr were examined in 18 normal children and 26 children diagnosed as having attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
The results indicated that urinary excretion (expressed per g of creatinine) of free and total PEA was significantly lower in the ADHD patients, and plasma levels of Phe and Tyr were also decreased in the ADHD subjects compared with the normal controls.
In another example, we noted a study that examined the effects of tyrosine ingestion (phenylalanine is the precursor to tyrosine) on performance during both a Multiple Task and a Simple Task battery. The results indicated that tyrosine may sustain working memory when competing requirements to perform other tasks simultaneously degrade performance, and that supplemental tyrosine may be appropriate for maintaining performance when mild to severe decrements are anticipated.
These are just a couple examples of the many scientific studies conducted, showing the role FQ plays on cognitive function.
5) HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Health Benefits
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused claimed health benefits include:
- Enhances cognition;
- Boosts mental performance;
- Improves alertness and memory;
- Increases concentration;
- Sustains feeling happy;
- Boosts mood;
- Promotes healthy sleep cycles;
- Helps curb anxious eating;
- Strengthens neural pathways;
- Increases learning abilities.
6) HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Side Effects
According to HCF AminoScience, you may experience some minor side effects as you acclimate to this formula. Some of these effects could temporarily include: sleeplessness, diarrhea, headache, loss of appetite, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights, loss of libido, or tiredness.
If any of these effects seem too difficult, simply lower your dosage. If these effects do not improve in a few days, if they worsen, or if you experience any serious side effects, discontinue use and contact your physician.
7) What You Need To Know Before Taking HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Over the years, we’ve also learned a great deal from your consumer feedback, including; A) importance of taking HCF Happy, Calm & Focused on an empty stomach with only water so that the formulation is not altered in the bloodstream and thus able to pass through the BBB (blood brain barrier); and B) the reported hormonal balancing benefits as “F” (DL-Phenylalanine) is the only amino acid that actually feeds your Hypothalamus which is the ‘master over your entire hormonal system (Endocrine System).’
Additionally, not only has our site been bombarded by HCF feedback, but the company itself has collected over 100+ documented experiences from professionals from around the world that is definitely unique in this industry. Not quite the “product owners friends and family fake testimonials” that we see all too often when reviewing products/companies here.
But when we see The HCF Company go to lengthy measures to gather feedback on their form with full tracking (attached profile images, documented, time-stamped with IP address and kept on file for 3rd party verification) and then displaying the 100+ professionals it’s worth our respect.
To conclude, a recap on some of this formula’s features we really like:
- 90/10 formulation (90% FQ amino acids with a solid 10% associated neuro-nutrient delivery system) which has proven itself over the test of time to a large % of consumers based on their feedback.
- Formulated and manufactured in an FDA inspected facility in the USA, that meets the strictest Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards, as outlined by the FDA.
- Official product website makes no use of outrageous brain supplement claims, phony testimonial pictures or unsubstantiated claims.
- No compromise on manufacturing principles or track record of standing behind their products.
- Simple formula with only proven FQ amino acids and associated neuro-nutrients. Not cluttered with useless “media hype” fillers.
- Very reasonable shipping costs and delivery times, domestically and abroad.
- Online customer account access for managing orders and payment information.
8) HCF Happy, Calm & Focused – Legit or Scam?
HCF AminoScience has been in business for over ten years. In those many years of business, the feedback has been impressive – 1000+ third party Amazon Reviews are very convincing. The overwhelmingly positive feedback we’ve gotten from our readers only strengthens the belief that HCF is a legit product.
9) How Much Does HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Cost?
The HCF Happy, Calm & Focused price varies based on the retailer you buy it from. The official HCF AminoScience website offers several buying options:
- One HCF Happy, Calm & Focused bottle for $59.95 + shipping and handling;
- FQ Regular – 3 Months (Buy 2 Get 1 FREE) for $119.85;
- FQ Regular – 6 Months (Buy 4 Get 2 FREE) for $239.70;
- FQ Regular – 1 Year (Buy 8 Get 4 FREE) for $479.40.
Please note that free shipping is not available internationally but they do ship internationally (seems you can also speak to a customer consultant in USA & Canada Toll-Free: 1-800-HCFCOMPANY (423-2667), United Kingdom +44-20-3582-7192 x 1, Australia +61-03-9008-4237 x 1, New Zealand +64-03-974-4538 x 1, Rest of the World +01-305-306-1603).
11) HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Serving Size
HCF offers the best results when taken daily. For adults, the recommended starting dose is three (3) capsules daily, 30 minutes before breakfast. Take capsules ONLY on an empty stomach with an 8oz glass of water. To accommodate body weight, activity level, stress level and/or inadequate diet, you may increase up to a maximum of six (6) capsules per day and/or take at different intervals throughout the day.
12) Of the Same Product Line
HCF is available in just one form – FQ 90 Caps (90 capsules count) – which is enough for up to a month of use.
13) What Customers Say About HCF Happy, Calm & Focused?
“I thought my 8 year old son had ADHD. We tried countless medications with no luck. They either made him grumpy and intolerant or they jacked him up more. I did some many hours of research and started to wonder if he didn’t have ADHD. ( Which a doc told me he was) I found these and they have helped him in school and be a much more pleasant human being. It took about 1 whole bottle to really see a change in him. Now if I accidentally forget a day or two, I can really tell the negative in him. Give it a try , if at least for curiosity.”
— Adrienne 84
“I’m at a point in life where I would like to be participatory in my overall health. I’m a 53-year-old male with long-term spinal cord issues, and frankly had started to think the way I felt on most days was “just how it was…” I ordered HCF and a few other supplements basically just so I could say I hadn’t given up. I began taking 3 capsules, as indicated, in the morning. Within 2-3 days I must admit I was feeling better. Whether this is a placebo effect I do not know as I haven’t yet finished my first bottle (which I paid for, incidentally). It has been about 3 weeks now and I still feel “better” although I really couldn’t say “how” or “why”….and one of the best things I’ve discovered is that I am sleeping better than I have in a long, long time. I will add more to this review later….after I have used the product for a more substantial period of time. But for now, I am quite happy and for the first time in a LONG time much more excited for the future. I hope it helps you too!”
— Robert Hempstead
“Taking for three weeks now. Definitely had to wait a few days to start to feel any difference. It’s definitely not a placebo effect. I definitely feel happier, chill about 15 min after taking 3 in the morning before eating breakfast. That definitely makes a difference making sure to take it on an empty stomach. I’ll be buying more for sure. I left out on star because I want to feel the effects more than this: don’t get me wrong, I like the difference but I want more so I’ll try upping the dose and see what happens.”
“I’m 41 and have taken a variety of supplements over the years but this is the first brain supplement that I have tried and it is interesting. I started slow and now take 1-2 caps on an empty stomach before bed and 2 caps when I wake up around 4am or 5 am (I rarely sleep through the night). On my drive to work around 7:30am I do indeed seem happy and calm but not tired at all. It essentially makes me feel normal which is great. The effects are not profound but if you seem to deal with frustration due to traffic or your job, then it is worth a try.”
14) Our Bottom Line
Choosing HCF Happy, Calm & Focused as our top brain supplement again for the 6th straight year is no accident. Nor is our nomination committee’s excitement about the quality and effectiveness of this brain supplement.
This may be a good time to stop and remind our readers that we are affiliates of 1000s of products on our site, by using our links we earn a commission to support our research, no matter the product you choose (so please use our links).
Our integrity is important to us and it’s precisely how we evaluate brain supplements in this industry. With that said, we can say with confidence, and without bias, that HCF Happy, Calm & Focused has consistently surpassed our expectations and really stands out against competitors in the amino acid brain supplement category of supplementation.
HCF has consistently stood out based upon:
- Bottom line results – shown through consumer feedback everywhere;
- Common sense formulation approach – opening up any science book and it stating your brain’s neurotransmitters and Hypothalamus need FQ amino acids every day is pretty self-explanatory, you don’t need to be neuroscientist to figure it out;
- Easy to order, inexpensive shipping, and quick delivery – worldwide
Additionally, HCF seems to have first-class customer support. All of our calls to their customer consultants went through quickly, compared to 20+ minute hold times we experienced with other product’s support lines.
The $5.95 that you spend on shipping gets you a professionally mailed and packaged product; it’s affordable and costs about the same as a latte-a-day habit. To ensure shipping standards hadn’t changed from year’s past, we tried three sample orders before writing this review and, two times, it took three business days (during the work-week) and one time it took five business days (order placed over the weekend) to get to our office.
For now, we don’t know of any other supplement capable of competing with HCF Happy, Calm & Focused on all of these levels. Will that always be the case? Probably not, but their track record is getting longer each year.
One of the Amino Acids [Blend] supplements we’ve come to trust the most is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused based on a unique FQ formula [15+ pure & effective associated neuro-nutrients] which research shows the ingredients may support memory, focus, attention, mood, and energy. People are reporting excellent results based on customer reviews we’ve seen and there is no mention of harmful side effects.
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused - Frequently Asked Questions
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused contains the following active ingredients: Proprietary Amino Acids Blend (1,350 mg) of DL-Phenylalanine & L-Glutamine; Associated Neuro-Nutrients: Vitamin A 1000 IU, Vitamin E 1.5 IU, Vitamin B1 3 mg, Vitamin B2 3 mg, Vitamin B3 6 mg, Vitamin B6 3 mg, Folic Acid 150 mcg, Vitamin B12 150 mcg, Biotin 150 mcg, Vitamin B5 3 mg, Calcium 30 mg, Iron 3 mg, Magnesium 30 mg, Zinc 6 mg, and Chromium 225 mcg.
FQ stands for “Amino Acid F” and “Amino Acid Q", the two core ingredients in HCF Happy, Calm & Focused. Amino acid F (DL-Phenylalanine) is an essential amino acid (only comes from outside food) of tremendous nutritional importance and a known nutritional precursor to the neurotransmitters DA, NE, EPI and involved in the release of PEA, which can sensitize endorphin receptors to endorphins. These neurotransmitters strongly support warm feelings of love, pleasure, happiness, alertness, energy, motivation, memory, attention, internal calmness, and sleep to name just a few. Amino acid Q (L-Glutamine) is a conditional (only sometimes produced by the body) amino acid and a major precursor for the neurotransmitter GABA, or gamma-aminobutyric acid. This crucial amino acid helps the mind relax and “tone down” unwanted “mind chatter” which can sharpen a person’s ability to focus and concentrate with more clarity.
As with all dietary supplements, you may experience some minor side effects as you acclimate to HCF. Some of these effects could temporarily include sleeplessness, diarrhea, headache, loss of appetite, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights, loss of libido or tiredness.
One bottle of HCF Happy, Calm & Focused (90 capsules for 30 days worth of use) cost $59.95 + shipping and handling. The price may differ based on where you purchase the product. Generally, you’ll find most high-quality amino acid supplements are on the higher end based on the quality level of their nutraceutical-grade amino acids and what forms of associated neuro-nutrients are used. For example; in the case of HCF, “methylcobalamin” is used for their Vitamin B12 which is a very expensive option when generally companies use a cheaper option like “cobalamin.”
HCF’s formula is build on essential thinking amino-acids. These pure amino acids and neuro-nutrients mimic whole-food proteins (where you naturally find &Q) to support the increase of “feel good” neurotransmitter levels responsible for helping you feel happy, calm and focused every single day. HCF Happy, Calm, & Focused is formulated for supporting the penetration of your BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) and nourishing your brain, whereas multivitamins are usually used for general well being.
Good question, no supplement is for everyone…but what we do know is that on a daily basis, almost no one can be without FQ amino acids. These two amino acids are essential to not only your feel-good neurotransmitters but your Hypothalamus which is the master over your entire hormonal system (Endocrine System). Amino acid F is the only amino acid that feeds your brain’s Hypothalamus. So there is no doubting the amino acids, the only question is if they can actually get into the brain.
HCF suggests always seeking the advice of your healthcare provider or pharmacist prior to combining any supplement with prescription medication.
Yes, typically you can combine HCF Happy, Calm & Focused with other supplements. However, if you have any questions about the recommended daily dosage, you should see the advice of your pharmacist.
Before starting a child on any supplement, you should always check with your pediatrician. Typically children should be started on a half capsule to three (3) capsules per day, depending on age and weight, but your pediatrician can give you the appropriate dosage.
No. The HCF Company makes a guarantee that HCF Happy, Calm & Focused is natural, hypoallergenic, and contains no preservatives, no chemicals, no coatings, no calories, no sweeteners, no enhancers, no yeast, no fragrances, no dairy, no gluten, no nuts, no wheat and uses only high-quality nutraceutical-grade amino acids and associated neuro-nutrients to ensure purity and standardized for maximum effectiveness. The company only warns against taking the product if you are currently taking an MAOI, pregnant or breastfeeding, or have Phenylketonuria.
Choosing the right product is the #1 question asked by BrainReference readers. We recommend reading our HCF Happy, Calm & Focused review in full as well as researching more into what other HCF users have experienced with the product.
No, if you are pregnant, nursing, or suffer from phenylketonuria (PKU), check with a health care provider first to confirm whether HCF is right for you.
For best results, HCF should be taken on a daily basis. According to the official website, the recommended starting dose for adults is three (3) capsules daily, 30 minutes before breakfast. Take capsules ONLY on an empty stomach with an 8oz glass of water. To accommodate body weight, activity level, stress level and/or inadequate diet, you may increase up to a maximum of six (6) capsules per day and/or take at different intervals throughout the day.
You have a couple ways of contacting HCF AminoScience customer service. First, is by using their “Contact Us” form available on the official website. You can also call them directly using one of the available phone numbers: USA & Canada Toll-Free: 1-800-HCFCOMPANY (423-2667), Rest of the World: +01-305-306-1603.
In order to return the product and get your refund, you need to follow the steps below:
1) Make sure you’ve purchased a HCF branded product from an authorized reseller.
2) Save the original receipt and the original bottle(s) with any unused product.
3) Call HCF AminoScience’ customer support for assistance in processing your return.
The most common HCF complaints, based on published customer reviews, include: the inclusion of Folic Acid into the formula, lack of immediate results, mild side effects during the first week of treatment, and too expensive.
HCF reviews on Amazon, as of June 2019, are very positive with 80% of the customers ranking this supplement with 4 stars or higher. Of the 1,067 reviews, here’s how the brain supplement ranks:
5-star - 54%
4-star - 26%
3-star - 9%
2-star - 4%
1-star - 7%.
HCF is produced by HCF AminoScience.
|HCF Customers Also Purchased:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused (4.80)|
- Momma S, Aoyagi M, Rapoport SI, Smith QR. - “Phenylalanine transport across the blood-brain barrier as studied with the in situ brain perfusion technique.” Published April, 1987.
- Thomas B. Choi and William M. Pardridge - “Phenylalanine Transport at the Human Blood-Brain Barrier.” Published in The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 1986.
- “DL-Phenylalanine” - NeuroHacker Collective. Retrieved June 13, 2019.
- Ennis SR, Kawai N, Ren XD, Abdelkarim GE, Keep RF. - “Glutamine uptake at the blood-brain barrier is mediated by N-system transport.” Published December, 1998.
- Quentin R. Smith - “Transport of Glutamate and Other Amino Acids at the Blood-Brain Barrier.” Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
- Richard A Hawkins - “The blood-brain barrier and glutamate.” Published online July 1, 2009.
- HCF Professionals - hcfaminoscience.com. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Fernando Gómez-Pinilla - “Brain foods: the effects of nutrients on brain function.” Published July, 2008.
- “Amino acids” - medlineplus.gov. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- “Essential Amino Acids: Definition, Benefits and Food Sources” - healthline.com. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Lou HC - “DA precursors and brain function in phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency.” Published December, 1994.
- “Phenylalanine” - sciencedirect.com. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Kendra Cherry - “Identifying a Neurotransmitter.” Updated May 16, 2019. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Annette Gower and Mario Tiberi - “The Intersection of Central DA System and Stroke: Potential Avenues Aiming at Enhancement of Motor Recovery.” Published online July 6, 2018.
- “The DA advantage.” - sciencedaily.com. Published June 17, 2016. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- “What’s the Difference Between EPI and NE?” - healthline.com. Retrieved June 9, 2019.
- Janet M. Lacey, Dr.P.H., R.D., Douglas W. Wilmore, M.D., F.A.C.S. - “Is Glutamine a Conditionally Essential Amino Acid?” Published August, 1990.
- Reubi JC, Van Der Berg C, Cuénod M. - “Glutamine as precursor for GABA and glutamate transmitter pools.” Published November, 1978.
- Struzyńska L, Sulkowski G. - “Relationships between glutamine, glutamate, and GABA in nerve endings under Pb-toxicity conditions.” Published June, 2004.
- “Glutamine: Benefits, Uses and Side Effects” - healthline.com. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DMN, CNS - “L-Glutamine Benefits Leaky Gut & Metabolism.” Published April 17, 2018. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Meg Campbell - “Natural Sources of L-Glutamine.” Retrieved June 10, 2019.
- Daisy Whitbread, MScN - “Top 10 Foods Highest in Phenylalanine.” Updated April 10, 2019. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- “Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020 Edition” - dietaryguidelines.gov.
- Baker GB, Bornstein RA, Rouget AC, Ashton SE, van Muyden JC, Coutts RT. - “PEA mechanisms in attention-deficit disorder.” Published January 1, 1991.
- Thomas JR, Lockwood PA, Singh A, Deuster PA. - “Tyrosine improves working memory in a multitasking environment.” Published November, 1999.
- Amazon.com. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Product Questions - hcfaminoscience.com. Retrieved June 12, 2019.
- Harris R.Lieberman - “Food Components to Enhance Performance: An Evaluation of Potential Performance-Enhancing Food Components for Operational Rations.” Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research; Marriott BM, editor. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1994.
- Kenneth Blum, Marcelo Febo,Claudia Fahlke, Trevor Archer, U Berggren, Zsolt Demetrovics, Kristina Dushaj, and Rajendra D. Badgaiyan - “Hypothesizing Balancing Endorphinergic and Glutaminergic Systems to Treat and Prevent Relapse to Reward Deficiency Behaviors: Coupling D-Phenylalanine and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC) as a Novel Therapeutic Modality.” Published online December 17, 2015.
- John D. Fernstrom and Madelyn H. Fernstrom - “Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, and Catecholamine Synthesis and Function in the Brain.” The Journal of Nutrition, Oxford Academic. Published June 1, 2007.
- Science of FQ - hcfaminoscience.com. Retrieved June 11, 2019.
- Brain Booster by Vital - amazon.com.
- Neuro Plus by Nature’s Present - amazon.com.
- NootropX by OPTML - amazon.com
- Cerebro Plus by Plus Brands - amazon.com.
- Customer Review - amazon.com.
- Customer Review - amazon.com.
- Customer Review - amazon.com.
- Customer Review - amazon.com.