BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Goodbye Stress Review – 12 Reasons To Consider
Stress is among the most prevalent and most damaging health conditions in the United States. According to statistics, more than 37 percent of Americans experience ongoing, chronic stress that, in time, may lead to a wide range of unwanted health issues.
Goodbye Stress is blended with essential actives that help counter the acute effects of mental tension and stress.
According to the manufacturer, this fast-working formula (claimed to work within 30-60 minutes) promotes a relaxed state of mind to help fight the acute effects of stress.
1) What is Goodbye Stress?
Goodbye Stress is an all-natural stress relief supplement based on three core ingredients: GABA, L-Theanine, and lemon balm extract. The product is available in a gummy soothing form making it highly bioavailable, effective, and easy to use.
Goodbye Stress is free of synthetic flavors, artificial additives, and preservatives, which is a huge plus, especially for a gummy supplement.
2) History of Goodbye Stress
Goodbye Stress is made by OLLY Nutrition. This natural health supplement company focuses on providing health-conscious consumers with an extensive line of effective, safe, proven, and transparent natural dietary supplements to treat a wide range of health conditions.
Some of OLLY’s most popular supplements include OLLY Sleep, Goodbye Stress, OLLY Kids Multi + Probiotics, OLLY Kids Immunity, OLLY Women’s Multi, and OLLY Prenatal.
How to contact OLLY Nutrition:
For the United States
- Address: 415 Jackson St., FL 2, San Francisco, California 94111, US
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-844-HEY-OLLY
- Website: olly.com
- Phone: 866-921-0346
3) What Are Goodbye Stress Ingredients?
Goodbye Stress contains the following active ingredients:
- GABA 100 mg
- Lemon Balm extract (aerial parts) 75 mg
- L-Theanine 50 mg
Other inactive ingredients include glucose syrup, beet sugar, water, gelatin, citric acid, natural flavors, color (from sweet potato, radish, apple, tomato, and pepper), pectin (from fruit), vegetable oil, and carnauba wax (to prevent sticking).
4) Does Goodbye Stress Work?
Stress can lead, in time, to seriously detrimental effects on general health. Some of the most notable health conditions commonly associated with chronic stress include chronic depression, anxiety disorders, migraines and headaches, pain and aches in the body and joints, irritability, anger, and chronic, ongoing fatigue.
- Metabolic syndrome
- Neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer’s disease and dementia)
- Gastrointestinal disorders
When stressed, most people tend to favor pharmaceutical solutions. Some of the most common prescriptions used to treat stress are antidepressants called SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors).
Goodbye Stress is advertised as an all-natural, safe, and effective formula that contains just three ingredients. Still, all of them have been proven in multiple scientific investigations and clinical trials to deliver effective and immediate relief from stress and stress symptoms.
The first core ingredient is Gamma-aminobutyric acid (also known as GABA), a neurotransmitter, or chemical messenger, in the brain. GABA works by blocking specific signals in the central nervous system, slowing down brain activity.
- Reduce stress
- Relieve anxiety
- Protect the brain and prevent brain damage
- Improve sleep
The brain naturally releases GABA at the end of a day to promote sleepiness and allow a person to rest.
The second ingredient in the Goodbye Stress formula is lemon balm.
Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is an herb in the mint family. It is often used for culinary purposes to make marinate chicken or fish, teas, or flavor baked jams and foods. Lemon balm is also believed to treat a range of medical disorders affecting the nervous system, digestive tract, and liver.
The Goodbye Stress formula’s final active ingredient is L-Theanine, a naturally occurring amino acid that works synergistically with GABA.
L-Theanine may affect the levels of certain chemicals in the brain. These include dopamine and serotonin, which influence sleep, mood, emotion, and cortisol levels, helping the body deal with stress.
Typically, L-Theanine is added in dietary supplements to:
- Support better mental focus
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress
- Increase cognitive performance
- Promote weight loss
- Boost the immune system
- Reduce blood pressure
While there is some evidence that L-Theanine could benefit people’s mental and physical health, more studies are necessary before doctors can be sure of this compound’s actual effects.
Many studies to date have had a small sample size, meaning that very few people took part in the research. Data from just a small number of people are less likely to be conclusive compared to data obtained from large-scale clinical trials.
5) Goodbye Stress Claims
Some Goodbye Stress claimed benefits include:
- Stress support zen blend that uses GABA and L-Theanine to help combat acute effects of stress;
- Naturally tasty gummies;
- Supports calmness;
- Made by a Certified B company;
- Gluten-free and no artificial colors;
- Developed by a team of health and nutrition experts using the latest clinical research to develop a formula that includes just the right form and dose of ingredients to ensure real results.
6) Potential Side Effects from Goodbye Stress Ingredients
Goodbye Stress contains lemon balm. For most otherwise healthy people, lemon balm is safe to use. However, few studies exist on the risks, and anecdotal side effects include:
- Skin rashes
- Heart palpitations
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
7) Goodbye Stress Product Warnings
Lemon balm may cause sedation, especially if combined with over-the-counter sleep aids, alcohol, or prescription sedatives like Ativan (Lorazepam), Klonopin (Clonazepam), Ambien (Zolpidem), and Donnatol (Phenobarbital).
Lemon balm may also interact with other prescription medicines, including:
- Blood thinners like Plavix (Clopidogrel) or Coumadin (Warfarin);
- Thyroid medications like Synthroid (Levothyroxine);
- Chemotherapy drugs like Camptosar (Irinotecan) and Tamoxifen;
- Glaucoma medications like Travatan (Travoprost).
8) Where to Purchase Goodbye Stress Online
Goodbye Stress is widely available online and offline (local stores, supermarkets). Online you can order from either the official website or retailers such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or GNC.
9) Goodbye Stress Price
The price of Goodbye Stress is $13.99 for 21 servings and $19.99 for 30 servings.
10) Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, chew two gummies daily as needed. No food or water is necessary.
11) What Users Are Saying
"This product really took my stress and anxiety away! I have terrible anxiety, and I really did not want to go to the doctor to get a prescription to help it, but this product will do just fine! I'm so glad that I found this product!" [Read full review]
"I got these for my 14-year-old daughter that suffers from severe anxiety. Her doctor put her on Zoloft, she had the worst experience ever, so I researched natural gummies for her. I found these, so I bought them along with the night time gummies, and she has been taking two a day for three days now, and my daughter has been her old self again, she hated going out anywhere, and she went out all weekend, she said she feels great, and no more bad thoughts, or panic attacks so far." [Read full review]
"It works for some but not all. I've taken GABA supplements for a while (recently started with this brand) and find that they make me sleepy but relaxed. I will usually take 2 (as recommended) in the evening or an hour before bed. Sometimes the next morning, I wake up groggy but otherwise, I feel calm, less short-tempered, and overall "okay" throughout the day instead of worrying." [Read full review]
12) Our Bottom Line
The Goodbye Stress formula from Olly Nutrition is advertised as one of the most potent and effective natural stress relief formulas available on the market today.
When the body is stressed, brain waves fall out of balance, which ultimately disrupts the brain’s neurochemical balance, causing a cascade of health issues that lead to poor health.
Instead of relying on potentially dangerous lab-made ingredients to deal with stress, the Goodbye Stress formula uses all-natural ingredients that work in harmony with the body to promote the release of calming hormones and increase neurotransmitters’ levels that relax and soothe the body and mind.Can you trust the science to support your brain health and wellness? We believe you can.
Without question, HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused is one of the highest praised Amino Acids [Blend] supplements we've reviewed so far. Since 2001 and 45 countries worldwide, the company has been dedicated to only the foundational building blocks of life; amino acids, minerals, and vitamins, unlike the common high-dose 'all-in-one' or artificially stimulating/inhibiting herbal ingredients found on the market today for supporting calm and focus.
|Goodbye Stress Customers Also Bought:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Frequently Asked Questions about Goodbye Stress
OLLY Goodbye Stress contains the following active ingredients: GABA, Lemon balm extract (aerial parts), and L-Theanine.
OLLY Goodbye Stress is an all-natural stress relief supplement based on three core ingredients: GABA, L-Theanine, and lemon balm extract.
Goodbye Stress contains lemon balm extract, which may cause mild adverse effects in some users, including headaches, skin rashes, heart palpitations, nausea, and gastrointestinal discomfort.
Goodbye Stress can be purchased from most local stores and supermarkets, as well as from the official OLLY website and online retailers such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or GNC.
The price of OLLY Goodbye Stress is $13.99 for 21 servings and $19.99 for 30 servings.
Goodbye Stress contains two potent cognitive enhancers: GABA and L-Theanine. Both ingredients have been shown to relieve anxiety, reduce stress, protect the brain, improve focus, enhance overall cognitive performance, and improve sleep.
Goodbye Stress proposes a simple yet effective formula. It contains ingredients that have been thoroughly researched and proven to work. However, keep in mind that everyone is different, and some people may not experience the same benefits from using the supplement.
We recommend consulting with your healthcare provider before taking Goodbye Stress if under treatment with prescription medication. This dietary supplement contains ingredients that may interact with certain medications.
You can take Goodbye Stress with other dietary supplements.
OLLY Goodbye Stress is not intended for children. However, some parents give the supplement to their children as well. We recommend consulting with a pediatrician before doing that.
OLLY Goodbye Stress doesn't contain any potentially dangerous or banned ingredients. The formula is free of synthetic flavors, artificial additives, and preservatives.
According to the manufacturer, Goodbye Stress is a fast-acting formula (works within 30-60 minutes) designed to promote a relaxed state of mind to help fight the acute effects of stress.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should consult a medical doctor before taking this dietary supplement.
As a dietary supplement, chew two gummies daily as needed. No food or water is necessary.
You can contact OLLY's customer support department by phone at 1-844-HEY-OLLY or email at email@example.com.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, simply contact OLLY's customer support and request a full refund. You will need the original receipt or the order ID.
Customers are generally very satisfied with this supplement. However, a small percentage of buyers complained about experiencing side effects after taking the supplement.
OLLY Goodbye Stress reviews and testimonials on Amazon are very positive. The supplement is rated 4.4 out of 5 (3,470 ratings), with 82% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Goodbye Stress is made by OLLY Nutritionals.
- Stress in American: The State of Our Nation - apa.org. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- OLLY Nutritionals official website. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- 5 Things You Should Know About Stress - National Institute of Mental Health. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Ann Pietrangelo - The Effects of Stress on Your Body. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Stress symptoms: Effects on your body and behavior - mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- R. Morgan Griffin - 10 Health Problems Related to Stress That You Can Fix. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Agnese Mariotti - The effects of chronic stress on health: new insights into the molecular mechanisms of brain-body communication. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) - nhs.uk. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- What Are SSRIs? - webmd.com. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Dai-Hung Ngo and Thanh Sang Vo - An Updated Review on Pharmaceutical Properties of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Marc S. Lener, Mark J. Niciu, Elizabeth D. Ballard, Minkyung Park, Lawrence T. Park, Allison C. Nugent, and Carlos A. Zarate Jr. - Glutamate and Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Systems in the Pathophysiology of Major Depression and Antidepressant Response to Ketamine. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Evert Boonstra, Roy de Kleijn, Lorenza S. Colzato, Anneke Alkemade, Birte U. Forstmann, and Sander Nieuwenhuis - Neurotransmitters as food supplements: the effects of GABA on brain and behavior. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Laura Steenbergen, Roberta Sellaro, Ann-Kathrin Stock, Christian Beste, and Lorenza S. Colzato - γ-Aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration improves action selection processes: a randomized controlled trial. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Yeong Ok Kwon, Jin Tae Hong, and Ki-Wan Oh - Rosmarinic Acid Potentiates Pentobarbital-Induced Sleep Behaviors, and Non-Rapid Eye Movement (NREM) Sleep through the Activation of GABAA-ergic Systems. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Andrew Scholey, Amy Gibbs, Chris Neale, Naomi Perry, Anastasia Ossoukhova, Vanessa Bilog, Marni Kras, Claudia Scholz, Mathias Sass, and Sybille Buchwald-Werner - Anti-Stress Effects of Lemon Balm-Containing Foods. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- S. F. Müller and S. Klement - A combination of valerian and lemon balm is effective in the treatment of restlessness and dyssomnia in children. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- John J. Foxe, Kristen P. Morie, Peter J. Laud, Matthew J. Rowson, Eveline A. de Bruin, and Simon P. Kelly - Assessing the effects of caffeine and theanine on the maintenance of vigilance during a sustained attention task. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Jerome Sarris, Gerard J. Byrne, Lachlan Cribb, Georgina Oliver, Jenifer Murphy, Patricia Macdonald, Sonia Nazareth, Diana Karamacoska, Samantha Galea, Anika Short, Carolyn Ee, Yoann Birling, Ranjit Menon, Chee H. Ng - L-theanine in the adjunctive treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Jackson Williams, Jane Kellett, Paul Daniel Roach, Andrew McKune, Duane Mellor, Jackson Thomas, and Nenad Naumovski - L-Theanine as a Functional Food Additive: Its Role in Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- David E. Cummings - Taste and the regulation of food intake: it's not just about flavor. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Lemon Balm - webmd.com. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.
- Lemon Balm - rxlist.com. Retrieved on January 19, 2021.