BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Genius Joy Review – 12 Essential Things to Know
Stress and anxiety are not always bad. In the short term, they can help you overcome a dangerous situation or a challenge. Examples of everyday stress and anxiety include being embarrassed in certain social situations, feeling agitated before a big test, or worrying about finding a job.
If we did not experience some anxiety, we might not be motivated to do things that we need to do. However, if stress and anxiety begin meddling with your daily life, it may indicate a more grave issue.
Our Genius Joy review below will analyze the most critical elements of this serotonin mood booster, starting with the manufacturer and finishing with the claimed benefits, cost per serving, potential side effects, and what real buyers think of the product.
1) Quick Overview
Genius Joy is advertised as a serotonin mood booster for anxiety relief, wellness, and brain support. Its unique formula consists of several vitamins, amino acids, and herbal extracts with some proven benefits to support brain health and improve mood.
The product is made by The Genius Brand, the same company that also makes other popular nootropics like Genius Mushrooms or Genius Consciousness.
2) The Company Behind Genius Joy
The Genius Brand company was founded in 2006, and it is one of the fastest-growing supplement brands in the world right now. Their range of wellness and general health products made some waves when launched a couple of years ago.
Today, The Genius Brand is known for producing a wide range of organic health supplements for pre- and post-workout, weight management, brain support, energy, beauty, and muscle growth.
Some of their best sellers include:
- Genius Caffeine
- Genius Pre
- Genius Mushrooms
- Genius Consciousness
- Genius Sleep Aid
- Genius Joy
- Genius Mindfulness
How to contact The Genius Brand:
- Address: 2204 McFarland 400 Blvd, Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: thegeniusbrand.com
3) What Are Genius Joy Ingredients?
Genius Joy contains the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine HCI) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin-5’-Phosphate) 1.7 mg
- Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide) 20 mg
- Vitamin B5 (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 10 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5’-Phosphate) 2 mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 6 mcg
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 1000 IU
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) Tosylate Disulfate (as Adomix) 1,000 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 350 mg
- Rhodiola5Plus Rhodiola rosea (root) (Std. 3% Rosavins and 2% Salidrosides) 300 mg
- Red Panax ginseng (root) powder 250 mg
- HTPurity Griffonia simplicifolia (seed) (Std. 98% 5-HTP) 100 mg
- NeuroFactor Coffea arabica (fruit) extract 100 mg
- L-Theanine 100 mg
Other inactive ingredients include hypromellose (vegetable capsule), organic rice extract, organic rice hulls, and ascorbyl (Vitamin C) palmitate.
4) Is Genius Joy Right for You?
Genius Joy’s unique formulation includes several ingredients with proven benefits for stress and anxiety.
SAMe (S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine) is the synthetic form of a substance that is produced naturally in the body from adenosine triphosphate (an energy-producing compound) and methionine (an essential amino acid).
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
SAMe is also thought to boost liver health, improve mental performance, help people quit smoking, and even slow the aging process.
In a 2016 research review published in the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, researchers examined eight previously published clinical trials comparing S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine to the antidepressants escitalopram, desipramine, or imipramine, or a placebo.
Correlated to imipramine, fewer participants experienced side effects when administered with an injectable form of SAMe. On the other hand, S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine wasn’t different from the antidepressants such as imipramine or escitalopram or the placebo when used alone.
Scientists concluded that SAMe is superior to a placebo when used with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) antidepressants, but they also noted that more research is needed.
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (NALT) is a form of the amino acid L-Tyrosine. NALT is used as a nootropic because it acts as a precursor for the important brain neurotransmitter dopamine.
Dopamine has an important role in brain activities associated with pleasure, motivation, and reward and plays a crucial part in modulating emotional resilience, focus, cognitive flexibility, and motivation.
On top of these creative-productive capacities and states, dopamine is one of the principal regulators of body movement coordination and motor control, which is also necessary for muscle performance and exercise.
Supplying NALT (or other L-Tyrosine sources) for cognitive support may be especially useful when participating in more demanding or stressful tasks.
Genius Joy also contains Rhodiola Rosea, a flowering herb that has been used in traditional medicine for centuries, particularly in Scandinavia, Russia, and other cold, mountainous areas.
One of the best-known claims about Rhodiola Rosea is its property as a compound that aids the body to adapt to stress, otherwise known as an adaptogen.
A 2018 review of 760 relevant articles and studies analyzed all the potential benefits of Rhodiola Rosea. At the end of this comprehensive preclinical systematic review, the authors concluded that Rhodiola Rosea can improve learning and memory function.
Similarly, another report published in Alternative Medicine Review concluded that Rhodiola Rosea shows promise as an adaptogen. Based on data from a few small studies, the author asserts that the plant’s extracts provide benefits for heart function and mental health.
5) Genius Joy: Pros and Cons
Genius Joy claimed benefits include:
- Contains only the highest quality natural ingredients and vitamins;
- Supports focus, attention, wellness, and cognition;
- Caffeine free;
- Anxiety and stress relief;
- Provides a natural calming effect;
- Made in the United States by a reputable manufacturer.
6) Side Effects of Using Genius Joy
Giving the ingredients available in this natural nootropic supplement, some individuals may experience mild to moderate adverse effects, typically as a response to how their bodies adjust to the supplement.
- Stomach upset
- Difficulty sleeping
- Allergic reactions
This herbal supplement contains Rhodiola Rosea and Red Panax Ginseng. The available research implies that herbal extracts are more likely to cause side effects and unwanted interactions with certain medicines when continuously taken for more than 30 days.
Therefore, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
7) Genius Joy Warnings and Precautions
Genius Joy contains ingredients that may interact with other dietary supplements or prescriptions.
As it has a mild stimulant-type effect, Rhodiola Rosea is not recommended for people who have bipolar disorder or who are taking other stimulants.
You may experience drowsiness if you take Rhodiola Rosea with serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), or benzodiazepines.
Another ingredient you should pay attention to is SAMe. You shouldn’t use SAMe in combination with antidepressants, diabetes medication, cough medicine, St. John’s Wort, L-Tryptophan, Levodopa (L-Dopa), or medicines that affect serotonin levels unless a health professional is monitoring you.
8) Where to Purchase Genius Joy
You can buy Genius Joy directly from the manufacturer’s official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Walgreens, or eVitamins.
9) Genius Joy Price
Genius Joy is an expensive nootropic supplement. One bottle (100 capsules / 25 servings) costs $59.99, which is above the average price of similar products.
10) Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, take four (4) capsules daily: one (1) capsule on an empty stomach in the morning. Assess comfort before lunch, and if comfortable, take an additional capsule on an empty stomach.
Continue this regimen for three days to assess tolerance and increase to an optimal dosage of two (2) capsules upon waking and two (2) capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
11) What Users Are Saying
"I did not receive the miracle results that some people seem to have attained with this product. Not too bad. I think Genius Joy woke me up a bit. I don't know; it could be a placebo. I have tried SamE before, and it gave me ZERO improvements to mood, anxiety, etc. - so maybe SamE just doesn't work for me. GOOD LUCK. I am glad I have it a try, though. But WOW, is it expensive!" [Read full review]
"Don't expect an immediate rush or a big change in your temperament. These pills react in a very gentle way. I've noticed that my mood swings are not so drastic. I don't feel as depressed or as much anxiety about the world or my life as I did before." [Read full review]
"There is no bad taste or odor. It's gentle on the stomach. No sensitivity there! I feel my mood lifted. I smile more easily and feel overall more energetic. I do not feel speedy at all or like I've been over-caffeinated. I would recommend it for anyone feeling slightly blue and needing a little boost to get up to a nice normal." [Read full review]
12) Our Verdict on Genius Joy
Genius Joy is a popular nootropic supplement advertised to reduce stress, anxiety, and improve your body’s response to stress. The supplement is made by The Genius Brand, a company with some experience at developing quality nootropics (such as Genius Mooshrooms, Genius Consciousness, or Genius Caffeine).
This unique formulation also includes several potent vitamins, amino acids, and herbal extracts with proven benefits for stress, anxiety, and overall cognitive support.
However, Genius Joy is quite pricey compared to other similar nootropics. Not to mention that the manufacturer recommends using this supplement on top of two other products for best results.If you're serious about brain health, take a look at a supplement specifically formulated to bring you focus.
The new standard in brain supplementation is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused. Unlike far too many supplements, HCF's unique FQ formula offers extensive benefits, not just for overall brain health and wellness, but also promotes calm as focus.
|Genius Joy Customers Related Products:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Frequently Asked Questions about Genius Joy
Genius Joy contains the following active ingredients: Vitamin B1 (as Thiamine HCI), Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin-5’-Phosphate), Vitamin B3 (as Niacinamide), Vitamin B5 (as D-Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5’-Phosphate), Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin), Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol), S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe) Tosylate Disulfate (as Adomix), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Rhodiola5Plus Rhodiola Rosea (root) (Std. 3% Rosavins and 2% Salidrosides), Red Panax ginseng (root) powder, HTPurity® Griffonia simplicifolia (seed) (Std. 98% 5-HTP), NeuroFactor Coffea arabica (fruit) extract, and L-Theanine.
Genius Joy is advertised as an all-natural serotonin mood booster for anxiety relief, wellness, and brain support.
Some Genius Joy side effects may include headaches, stomach upset, drowsiness, dizziness, difficulty sleeping, allergic reactions, nausea, fatigue, and heartburn.
You can buy Genius Joy directly from the manufacturer's official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walgreens, Walmart, or eVitamins.
Genius Joy is an expensive nootropic supplement. One bottle (100 capsules / 25 servings) costs $59.99, which is above the average price of similar products.
Genius Joy's unique formula contains ingredients with proven benefits for stress and anxiety. According to the manufacturer, the supplement may also improve mood, energy, cognitive function, memory, and general wellbeing.
Genius Joy has received an overwhelming number of positive reviews and testimonials from real customers. Most buyers are happy with the product, and they would recommend it to friends and family. Overall, this nootropic supplement may be a good choice for anyone looking for a natural product for stress and anxiety.
Genius Joy contains ingredients that may interact with certain prescriptions or other dietary supplements. We strongly recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking the nootropic if you are under treatment or have known medical conditions.
You can use Genius Joy with other nutritional supplements. In fact, the manufacturer recommends taking this supplement with other "Genius" products for better results.
Genius Joy is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
Genius Joy doesn't contain any potentially dangerous, toxic, or banned ingredients.
Genius Joy is intended for people looking for an all-natural nootropic stress & anxiety relief, mood, energy, cognitive function, memory, and general wellbeing.
Pregnant or nursing women should not use this supplement. The formula contains ingredients that may not be safe during pregnancy.
As a dietary supplement, take four (4) capsules daily: one (1) capsule on an empty stomach in the morning. Assess comfort before lunch, and if comfortable, take an additional capsule on an empty stomach. Continue this regimen for three days to assess tolerance and increase to an optimal dosage of two (2) capsules upon waking and two (2) capsules in the afternoon on an empty stomach.
You can contact The Genius Brand customer support service by email at email@example.com or through the "Contact Us" form available on the company's official website.
The Genius Brand will only accept returns of products purchased directly from the Genius store. To be considered for reimbursement, you may return any item purchased from The Genius Brand for any reason within ninety (90) days of purchase. If purchased from a retailer, the customer must return the item purchased to the store where purchased under the retailers' return policies.
Most buyers are happy with the Genius Joy brain supplement. Still, some users complained about experiencing mild adverse effects after taking the supplement.
The Genius Brand Genius Joy reviews and testimonials on Amazon are very positive. The supplement is rated 4.4 out of 5 (7,925 ratings), with 82% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Genius Joy is made by The Genius Brand.
- The Genius Brand official website. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- S-Adenosyl-L-Methionine (SAMe): In-Depth - National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Anup Sharma, Patricia Gerbarg, Teodoro Bottiglieri, Lila Massoumi, Linda L. Carpenter, Helen Lavretsky, Philip R. Muskin, Richard P. Brown, and David Mischoulon - S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for Neuropsychiatric Disorders: A Clinician-Oriented Review of Research. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- David Mischoulon - S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) for Depression: What Does the Evidence Say? Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- David Mischoulon, and Maurizio Fava - Role of S-adenosyl-L-methionine in treating depression: a review of the evidence. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Matthew Goodrich - The Therapeutic benefits of S-adynosylmethionine for Depression, Osteoarthritis, and Longevity: A Literature Review. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Ilaria Galizia, Lucio Oldani, Karine Macritchie, Erica Amari, Dominic Dougall, Tessa N. Jones, Raymond W. Lam, Guido Jacopo Massei, Lakshmi N. Yatham, and Allan H. Young - S‐adenosyl methionine (SAMe) for depression in adults. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Bryant J. Jongkees, Bernhard Hommel, Simone Kühn, and Lorenza S. Colzato - Effect of tyrosine supplementation on clinical and healthy populations under stress or cognitive demands--A review. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- G. Topall and H. Laborit - Brain tyrosine increases after treating with prodrugs: comparison with tyrosine. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Rhodiola - National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Jerome Sarris, Erica McIntyre, and David A. Camfield - Plant-Based Medicines for Anxiety Disorders, Part 2: A Review of Clinical Studies with Supporting Preclinical Evidence. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Sana Ishaque, Larissa Shamseer, Cecilia Bukutu, and Sunita Vohra - Rhodiola Rosea for physical and mental fatigue: a systematic review. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Yonghong Li, Victor Pham, Michelle Bui, Liankun Song, Chunli Wu, Arman Walia, Edward Uchio, Feng Smith-Liu, and Xiaolin Zi - Rhodiola Rosea L.: an herb with anti-stress, anti-aging, and immunostimulating properties for cancer chemoprevention. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Gou-ping Ma, Qun Zheng, Meng-Bei Xu, Xiao-li Zhou, Lin Lu, Zuo-xiao Li, and Guo-Qing Zheng - Rhodiola Rosea L. Improves Learning and Memory Function: Preclinical Evidence and Possible Mechanisms. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Farhat Khanum, Amarinder Singh, Bawa, and Brahm Singh - Rhodiola Rosea: A Versatile Adaptogen. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Tyrosine - webmd.com. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Rhodiola - rxlist.com. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Panax Ginseng - webmd.com. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Rhodiola - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- SAMe - mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Ginseng - drugs.com. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.
- Doo Jin Paik and Chang-Ho Lee - Review of cases of patient risk associated with ginseng abuse and misuse. Retrieved on March 18, 2021.