BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Genius Consciousness Review – 12 Things To Look For
Nootropics are increasingly popular nowadays, mainly because of their extraordinary claims when it comes to cognitive enhancement. Most nootropics are also built using all-natural ingredients, which the average consumer prefers.
Genius Consciousness made by The Genius Brand is one such nootropic reason why this focus, concentration, and memory supplement is one of the best-selling brain supplements in the United States.
Our Genius Consciousness review below will analyze the most critical elements of this nootropic, starting with the manufacturer and finishing with the claimed benefits, cost per serving, potential side effects, and what genuine buyers think of the product.
1) Genius Consciousness at a Glance
Genius Consciousness is advertised as a doctor-formulated and 3rd party tested extra strength formula that includes 100 mg of Phosphatidylserine, 1000 mg of Acetyl L Carnitine HCL, and 500 mg of L-Tyrosine for higher-level thought processing, dopamine production, and nerve support.
Unlike other synthetic smart drugs, Genius Consciousness claims to provide a natural alternative to unproven compounds.
2) Who Makes Genius Consciousness
The Genius Brand is one of the fastest-growing supplement brands in the world right now. Their range of general health and wellness products made a huge splash when launched a couple of years ago. The company was established in 2006 with a mission to promote activeness and a single-minded pursuit of excellence in everyday life.
Today, The Genius Brand is known for producing a wide range of organic health supplements for weight loss, pre- and post-workout, brain support, beauty, energy, and muscle growth.
Some of their best sellers include:
- Genius Mushrooms
- Genius Consciousness
- Genius Creatine
- Genius Joy
- Genius Mindfulness
- Genius Caffeine
How to contact The Genius Brand:
- Address: 2204 McFarland 400 Blvd, Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: thegeniusbrand.com
3) What Are Genius Consciousness Ingredients?
Genius Consciousness contains the following active ingredients:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 1g
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) (fruit body) powder 1g
- Huperzia serrata whole plant (Standardized to 1% Huperzine-A) 10 mg
- AlphaSize (as 50% Alpha-GPC) 600 mg
- L-Tyrosine 500 mg
- Methyliberine 125 mg
- AstraGin (Astragalus membranaceus root extract and Panax notoginseng root extract) 50 mg
- Caffeine (from Coffea arabica) 100 mg
- NeuroFactor (Coffea arabica fruit extract) 100 mg
- SerinAid (as 50% Phosphatidylserine) 100 mg
Other inactive ingredients include citric acid, organic stevia leaf extract, natural flavors, silica, beetroot extract, and monk fruit extract.
4) Does Genius Consciousness Work?
Genius Consciousness is a blend of several potent nootropics.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is possibly the most effective form of the amino acid L-Carnitine for your brain. Clinical research suggests that it may help people with neurodegenerative diseases.
ALCAR is an amino acid that can pass your blood-brain barrier (BBB), giving it access to the mitochondria of your body, as well as to the dense collection of mitochondria in your brain.
People with low carnitine levels see a significant decrease in brain function. In a small study published in the Journal of Psychiatric Practice, participants who took small doses of ALCAR daily showed overall improved behavioral, cognitive, and motor functioning.
By supplementing with this amino acid or adding Acetyl L-Carnitine-rich foods to your diet, you may increase your mental capacity. A few clinical studies concluded that this amino acid is a highly absorbable form of L-Carnitine that can reach the brain tissue and support cognitive function.
Another key ingredient in Genius Consciousness is the Lion’s Mane mushroom extract.
This humble shroom has potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immunostimulant properties based on human and animal studies.
Your brain naturally slows down over time. The common symptoms you correlate with aging – like lack of focus and memory loss – may be caused by factors in your nervous system like damaged brain cells and shrinking neurons.
Animal studies show that Lion’s Mane mushroom extract may actually support brain health by stimulating the creation of two important compounds: brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF).
In 2008, a double-blind, parallel-group, placebo-controlled trial found that Lion’s Mane effectively improved cognitive function in a randomized group of 15 older adults.
Lion’s Mane may boost focus, too. Reduced inflammation improves blood flow, which provides your brain with more oxygen. One of the benefits of better oxygenation in your brain is enhanced cognitive performance.
5) What Genius Consciousness Does?
Genius Consciousness claimed benefits include:
- Supports mental clarity, focus, and cognitive performance;
- Doctor formulated and 3rd party tested;
- Contains clinically proven and trademarked ingredients;
- Made with all-natural ingredients;
- Fast-acting energy and mood support due to the patented NeuroFactor (Coffee fruit extract);
- Works better in conjunction with Genius Mushrooms and Genius Joy dietary supplements.
6) Genius Consciousness – Is it Safe?
Giving the ingredients available in this nootropic brain supplement, some users may feel mild to moderate adverse effects, typically as a response to how their bodies adjust to the supplement.
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Slurred speech
- High blood pressure
- Inability to control urination
- Slowed heart rate
This nootropic brain supplement contains Coffee fruit extracts, Lion’s Mane, and Huperzine A. The available research suggests that herbal extracts are more likely to cause adverse effects and negative interactions with specific prescriptions when continuously taken for more than 30 days.
Therefore, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
7) Precautions of Genius Consciousness Use
Genius Consciousness contains ingredients that may interact with other dietary supplements or certain prescriptions.
This nootropic also contains Huperzine A, which may interact with certain medications, including beta-blockers, cholinesterase inhibitors, and anti-convulsive agents. Given these safety concerns, it’s essential to consult your healthcare provider if you’re considering the use of Huperzine A.
8) Where to Purchase Genius Consciousness Online
You can buy Genius Consciousness directly from the manufacturer’s official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Walgreens, or eVitamins.
9) How Much Does Genius Consciousness Cost?
One bottle of Genius Consciousness (2.79 oz / 15 servings) costs $37.99. It’s a pretty expensive product considering that the company recommends using this nootropic alongside two other products (Genius Mushrooms and Genius Joy) for best results.
Giving the other two supplements’ price, plus the two bottles of Genius Consciousness you would need for a whole month’s supply, it could set you short of about $160 per month.
10) Suggested Use
Assess your individual tolerance by mixing 1/2 scoop into 6-10 ounces of water (vary the amount of water by taste preference). Do not take within 6 hours of bed.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
11) What Users Are Saying
"Brainhacking at its finest. This is the real deal! I just wish it came in a 30 day supply of full servings. If you only take half servings once a day, it will last you 30 days, but if you take half a serving in the morning and another half in the afternoon, it will only last you 15 days." [Read full review]
"I was interested in this primarily for the short & long-term memory benefits since I'm notoriously forgetful and "spacey." I've been using this for a few weeks, and it definitely seems to have helped me with sharpness and focus. I'm able to really get "locked-in" to work while taking this. For the first time, I can remember I recall past events better than my wife." [Read full review]
"Taking this product does seem to stimulate my mental functioning. I have a prescription for my ADD, and I find this to supplement the enhanced focus and function provided by the drug. HOWEVER, the taste is truly awful. Even very diluted, I can barely get this down. " [Read full review]
12) Bottom Line – Does It Really Work?
Genius Consciousness is one of the better nootropics available on the market. Its formula incorporates some great ingredients at very good doses. The combination of Tyrosine (250 mg), Alpha-GPC (300 mg), and Caffeine (50 mg) may work wonders for keeping you focused, clear-headed, and in the zone for hours on end.
The Phosphatidylserine and Lion’s Mane mushroom may promote long-term changes in the brain, which is an excellent way to improve cognition over the long-haul.
The formula has some downsides, too. Several of the ingredients don’t really do anything for cognition – Ginseng, Huperzine-A, Methylberine – none of these ingredients have been proven to boost mental performance in clinical trials in humans.It's helpful to identify what you're looking for in your search for optimal brain health. One of the number one searches we see is people looking to enhance their focus.
The new standard in brain supplementation is HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused. Unlike far too many supplements, HCF offers a unique FQ formula (15+ high-quality nutraceutical-grade amino acids and associated neuro-nutrients), which research shows the ingredients support focus, attention, mood, and energy.
|Genius Consciousness Customers Related Products:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Things Customers Want to Know about Genius Consciousness
Genius Consciousness contains the following active ingredients: Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI, Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus) (fruit body) powder, Huperzia serrata whole plant (Standardized to 1% Huperzine-A), AlphaSize (as 50% Alpha-GPC), L-Tyrosine, Methyliberine, AstraGin (Astragalus membranaceous root extract and Panax notoginseng root extract), Caffeine (from Coffea arabica), NeuroFactor (Coffea arabica fruit extract), and SerinAid (as 50% Phosphatidylserine).
Genius Consciousness is a nootropic supplement for concentration, attention, focus, and memory.
Genius Consciousness adverse effects may include diarrhea, blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, sweating, dry mouth, loss of appetite, nervousness, constipation, restlessness, fainting, slurred speech, cramping, high blood pressure, agitation, inability to control urination, insomnia, heartburn, dizziness, and slowed heart rate.
You can buy Genius Consciousness directly from the manufacturer's official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Walgreens, or eVitamins.
One bottle of Genius Consciousness (2.79 oz / 15 servings) costs $37.99.
Genius Consciousness contains potent ingredients that may support memory, attention, focus, clarity, and concentration.
Genius Consciousness is one of the better nootropics available on the market. The formula includes several proven ingredients in good doses that may offer some of the claimed benefits. This supplement's effectiveness is also supported by the impressive number of positive reviews and testimonials available online.
As with all dietary supplements, we suggest consulting a medical doctor before taking the product if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications.
You can take Genius Consciousness with other dietary supplements or multivitamins. In fact, the manufacturer recommends taking this supplement with other "Genius" products for better results.
Genius Consciousness is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
This nootropic doesn't include any potentially dangerous, toxic, or banned ingredients.
Genius Consciousness is intended for individuals looking for a natural brain supplement for attention, focus, energy, memory, and mental clarity.
Pregnant or nursing women should not use this supplement. The formula contains ingredients (such as Huperzine A and Caffeine) that may not be safe during pregnancy.
As a dietary supplement, start with 1/2 scoop into 6-10 ounces of water (vary the amount of water by taste preference). Do not take within 6 hours of bed. If well tolerated, continue taking one (1) scoop in 6-10 ounces of water when needed.
You can contact The Genius Brand customer support service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the "Contact Us" form available on the company's official website.
If purchased from a retailer, the customer must return the item purchased to the store where purchased under the retailers' return policies. The Genius Brand will accept returns of merchandise purchased directly from Genius (online or phone). To be considered for reimbursement, you may return any item purchased from The Genius Brand for any reason within ninety (90) days of purchase.
Most buyers are happy with the Genius Consciousness brain supplement. Still, some users complained about experiencing side effects after taking the supplement (vomiting, nausea, headaches). Other consumers complained about the bad taste, even after dissolving the powder in juice instead of water.
The Genius Brand Genius Consciousness reviews and testimonials on Amazon are very positive. The supplement is rated 4.2 out of 5 (15,811 ratings), with 79% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Genius Consciousness is made by The Genius Brand.
- The Genius Brand official website. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Giovanna Traina - The neurobiology of acetyl-L-carnitine. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Miroslav Cuturic, Ruth K. Abramson, Robert R. Moran, James W. Hardin - Clinical outcomes and low-dose levocarnitine supplementation in psychiatric inpatients with documented hypocarnitinemia: a retrospective chart review. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine - alzdiscovery.org. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Gustavo C. Ferreira and Mary C. McKenna - L-Carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine roles and neuroprotection in the developing brain. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine May Help Sharpen Your Memory - Psychology Today. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Acetylcarnitine - sciencedirect.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine - webmd.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Puei-Lene Lai, Murali Naidu, Vikineswary Sabaratnam, Kah-Hui Wong, Rosie Pamela David, Umah Rani Kuppusamy, Noorlidah Abdullah, and Sri Nurestri A. Malek - Neurotrophic properties of the Lion's mane medicinal mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Malaysia. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Chun-Hung Chiu, Charng-Cherng Chyau, Chin-Chu Chen, Li-Ya Lee, Wan-Ping Chen, Jia-Ling Liu, Wen-Hsin Lin, and Mei-Chin Mong - Erinacine A-Enriched Hericium erinaceus Mycelium Produces Antidepressant-Like Effects through Modulating BDNF/PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β Signaling in Mice. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Koichiro Mori, Satoshi Inatomi, Kenzi Ouchi, Yoshihito Azumi, and Takashi Tsuchida - Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double‐blind placebo‐controlled clinical trial. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Federico Brandalise, Valentina Cesaroni, Andrej Gregori, Margherita Repetti, Chiara Romano, Germano Orrù, Laura Botta, Carolina Girometta, Maria Lidia Guglielminetti, Elena Savino, and Paola Rossi - Dietary Supplementation of Hericium erinaceus Increases Mossy Fiber-CA3 Hippocampal Neurotransmission and Recognition Memory in Wild-Type Mice. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Tzeng Tsai-Teng, Chen Chin-Chu, Lee Li-Ya, Chen Wan-Ping, Lu Chung-Kuang, Shen Chien-Chang, Huang F. Chi-Ying, Chen Chien-Chih, and Young-Ji Shiao - Erinacine A-enriched Hericium erinaceus mycelium ameliorates Alzheimer's disease-related pathologies in APPswe/PS1dE9 transgenic mice. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- David Vauzour - Dietary Polyphenols as Modulators of Brain Functions: Biological Actions and Molecular Mechanisms Underpinning Their Beneficial Effects. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Doris Stangl and Sandrine Thuret - Impact of diet on adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Huperzine A - webmd.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Huperzine A - rxlist.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Caffeine - medlineplus.gov. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Hericium Erinaceus - medicinenet.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Caffeine Drug Interactions - drugs.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Caffeine - webmd.com. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.
- Hai-yan Zhang - New insights into huperzine A for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Retrieved on March 17, 2021.