BrainReference is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We aim to provide consumers with helpful, in-depth information about brain health products. Whether we make money or not on a certain page does not influence the core mission of our writers and medical reviewers, which is to publish content that is accurate and informative.
All product names, logos, and brands are the property of their respective owners.
For more information, see our full Advertising Disclosure
Formula 303 Review – 12 Things You Should Consider
Dee Cee Labs Formula 303 is promoted as a natural support for stress and anxiety relief.
Undergoing occasional mild stress or anxiety is a normal part of life. Still, individuals with anxiety disorders frequently have excessive, intense, and persistent fear and worry about everyday situations.
Typically anxiety disorders involve constant episodes of sudden feelings of intense anxiety and fear or terror that reach a peak within minutes (panic attacks).
These feelings of panic, intense stress, and anxiety are difficult to control, interfere with daily activities, can last a long time, and are out of proportion to the actual danger.
1) Formula 303 Quick Facts
Formula 303 is advertised as an all-natural relaxant that promises to reduce stress and anxiety, tension & muscle spasms, leg cramps, restlessness, muscle & tissue pain, low back pain, menstrual cramps, and neck & shoulder pain.
The formula consists of only three active ingredients – Valerian root extract, Passiflora extract, and Magnesium carbonate. These are pretty standard ingredients in many stress and anxiety relief supplements.
2) Who Makes Formula 303
Formula 303 is produced by the American supplement manufacturer Dee Cee Labs. In 1962, Harry F. Hester and his family founded the business to help people strive for a healthier life through high-quality nutritional minerals, vitamins, herbal extracts, and other nutrients.
Today, Dee Cee Labs is based just out of Tennessee, and it makes a variety of other supplements and vitamins, including:
- Maxi Snooze
- Black Cohosh Formula 182
- Dee-Tox 201
- Formula 19 Multivitamin & Multimineral
- Lycopene 15 mg
- Ultra V M
- Vita-Women Time Release
According to the official website, every product available through Dee Cee Labs is manufactured in a state-of-the-art, FDA registered facility, starting with the best natural ingredients.
How to contact Dee Cee Labs:
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 304 Dee Cee Road, White House, TN 37188
- Phone: 1 (800) 251-8182
- Website: dclabs.com
3) What’s Inside Formula 303?
Formula 303 contains the following active ingredients:
- Valerian root extract
- Passionflower extract
- Magnesium carbonate
4) Does Formula 303 Work?
One important aspect we always check before evaluating a formula’s effectiveness is the amounts of each active ingredient available in the said formula.
We can’t do that with Formula 303. The label states that each tablet contains six parts Valerian root (Quad-Strength) 1X, three parts Passiflora (Quad-Strength) 1X, and one part Magnesium carbonate 1X. The information is vague, and it doesn’t tell us much about each active ingredient’s exact amount.
That being said, let’s take a closer look and see how these three ingredients can affect the human body.
Valerian (Valeriana officinalis) is a plant that grows in parts of Asia and Europe. Extracts from this plant’s root have been used for centuries as a herbal remedy to support restful sleep.
Valerian root use dates back to the Roman and Greek civilizations and was used by Hippocrates to treat heart palpitations, headaches, trembling, and nervousness.
Valerian contains a compound known as ‘valerenic acid,’ which affects GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) receptors in the brain. Scientists believe that one of the GABA’s purposes is to control the anxiety or fear experienced when nerve cells are overexcited.
In fact, Valerian root is touted by some as a safe and natural alternative to prescription anxiety medications, most especially those like Ativan (Lorazepam), Klonopin (Clonazepam), Xanax (Alprazolam), and Valium (Diazepam) that act on GABA receptors.
** Passionflower** (Passiflora incarnata) is another plant that has been used for centuries to treat various health conditions. In alternative medicine, Passionflower supporters claim that extracts from this plant can help with:
- Drug withdrawal symptoms
However, more clinical data is needed to support the therapeutic use of Passionflower. While the plant has been utilized for centuries as a mild sedative, according to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), there is insufficient scientific evidence to support its efficacy.
Some preliminary research quoted by the NCCIH indicates that Passionflower may show promise in treating health concerns like sleep disorders and mild anxiety.
However, the results are far from conclusive and need further research to determine whether these claims have merit.
Magnesium carbonate is a white, powdery compound that occurs naturally as magnesite and dolomite and is extensively marketed as a health supplement. Its active ingredient is magnesium, a mineral that your body requires to function efficiently.
- Protein formation;
- Energy creation;
- Muscle movements;
- Gene maintenance;
- Nervous system regulation.
It plays a role in our metabolism, and cells use magnesium to transport potassium and calcium ions across the cell walls. Healthy magnesium levels are crucial to nerve function, muscle contraction, heartbeat, and healthy bones.
As a supplement, magnesium is believed to prevent migraine headaches, kidney stones, and hearing loss. Magnesium dietary supplements are also advertised to treat sleep troubles (restless leg syndrome and insomnia) and improve athletic performance.
5) Formula 303 Benefits & Results
Formula 303 claimed benefits include:
- It helps with jitters and nervousness;
- It helps with sleep disorders;
- It provides relief from anxiety and stress;
- It alleviates muscle spasms.
6) Side Effects of Using Formula 303
Formula 303 contains only three active ingredients. In general, these ingredients are safe to use when taken as recommended.
Most clinical studies have shown that Valerian root is well-tolerated and safe for short-term use. If any, side effects tend to be mild and may include:
- Upset stomach
- Vivid dreams
- Dry mouth
- Daytime drowsiness
- Rapid heart rhythm
- Loss of coordination
- Impaired cognitive function
Due to a lack of research, little is known about the safety and effects of using Passionflower supplements in the long term. However, according to the NCCIH, Passionflower consumption is “generally considered safe but may cause drowsiness.”
7) What You Need to Know Before Taking Formula 303
Formula 303 contains Valerian root extract. Valerian is broken down in the liver by an enzyme known as cytochrome P450 (CYP450). This may interfere with the effectiveness of prescriptions that are also broken down by CYP450, including:
- Statin drugs such as Lipitor (Atorvastatin) or Mevacor (Lovastatin);
- Antifungal drugs such as Diflucan (Fluconazole) or Sporanox (Itraconazole);
- Allergy medications like Allegra (fexofenadine);
- Cancer medications like Etopophos (Etoposide), Camptosar (Irinotecan), STI571, Velban (Vinblastine), Abraxane (Paclitaxel), or Vincasar (Vincristine).
8) Where to Buy Formula 303 in the United States?
Formula 303 is available for purchase from several online stores like Amazon and Pure Formulas. You can also purchase the supplement from the official Dee Cee Labs store.
9) Formula 303 Price
Formula 303 is available in three packages:
- 45 tablet bottle for $15.99
- 90 tablet bottle for $25.99
- 250 tablet bottle for 42.99
10) Suggested Use
As a muscle relaxant – take two (2) tablets every three hours until relief.
For tension and stress – take two (2) tablets with each meal and two (2) at bedtime.
11) What Users Are Saying
"I went without these for a couple of weeks and noticed a huge difference in my mood, not in a good way. I was irritable and short-tempered. I started taking these for my back as a muscle relaxant originally, but I am now taking it as a mood relaxant. The smell is absolutely horrible, but the benefits outweigh it, so I'll keep buying and taking these." [Read full review]
"I broke my neck back in the Gulf War, so C1 doesn't like staying in place. My chiropractor originally recommended this (3 tablets) to prevent muscle spams as bruising on the spinal cord heals. It is an absolute necessity to keep around because, as a software developer, I cannot work for 5+ days if I take the narcotics that the VA and other doctors prescribe. " [Read full review]
"My chiropractor recommended me these pills for chronic shoulder/neck pain. I take two capsules in the morning, noon, and night, and they have decreased my pain levels moderately. If I am at a 5 level pain, it might knock it down to a 3. They are not magic, but I have tried many things, including regular over the counter pain medicines like Advil, Tylenol, etc., to much less effect. I would recommend anyone with ongoing pain issues to try these!" [Read full review]
12) Final Thoughts on Formula 303
Dee Cee Labs Formula 303 is an all-natural supplement received with overwhelmingly positive reviews. However, most of these reviews refer to how effective the formula is to alleviate mild pain, which isn’t surprising giving the ingredients.
Valerian and Passiflora have been used for centuries to alleviate pain and treat heart palpitations, headaches, trembling, and nervousness. Magnesium, on the other hand, is well-known for its proven benefits in reducing stress, anxiety and supporting cognitive function.We're happy to have you here checking out ways to optimize your brain health. Consider products specifically formulated to promote focus.
When it comes to emerging quality standards in the supplement industry, HCF® Happy, Calm & Focused is One of the most praised products we've seen in years. Its unique FQ formula (15+ high-purity, nutraceutical-grade amino acids, and associated neuro-nutrients) offers a lot in supporting focus, attention, mood, and energy.
|Formula 303 Customers Related Products:||
10+ Yrs Proven
|HCF Happy, Calm & Focused
Things Customers Want to Know about Formula 303
Formula 303 contains the following active ingredients: six parts Valerian root (Quad-Strength) 1X, three parts Passiflora (Quad-Strength) 1X, and one part Magnesium carbonate 1X.
Formula 303 is promoted as an all-natural relaxant for stress, anxiety, tension & muscle spasms, leg cramps, restlessness, muscle & tissue pain, low back pain, menstrual cramps, and neck & shoulder pain.
Formula 303 contains two herbal extracts (Passiflora and Valerian root) that may cause mild to moderate adverse effects in some users. Some of these side effects include dizziness, headaches, upset stomach, itchiness, vivid dreams, dry mouth, daytime drowsiness, vasculitis, nausea, rapid heart rhythm, vomiting, loss of coordination, and impaired cognitive function.
Formula 303 is available for purchase online from stores like Amazon and Pure Formulas. You can also purchase the supplement from the official Dee Cee Labs store.
Formula 303 is available in three packages: 45 tablet bottle for $15.99, 90 tablet bottle for $25.99, and 250 tablet bottle for 42.99.
Formula 303 claims to alleviate stress and anxiety. However, based on the ingredients used in this formulation and the user's testimonials, the product appears to be far more effective at alleviating mild and moderate pain.
Formula 303 is a dietary supplement that has been around for years and has received thousands of positive reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
We recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking Formula 303 if under treatment with prescription medication or have a known medical condition.
You can take Formula 303 with other dietary supplements and multivitamins.
Formula 303 is intended for adults and children 12 years of age and older.
This dietary supplement doesn't contain any banned or potentially dangerous ingredients. However, it includes two herbal extracts known to cause mild to moderate adverse effects in some people. Passionflower and Valerian can also interact with specific prescriptions.
Typically, people use this supplement as a natural relief for muscle spasms‚ tension‚ and stress associated with leg cramps, PMS menstrual cramps, pulled muscles, restless leg syndrome, low back pain, muscle pain, fibromyalgia, back sprains and strains, neck and shoulder pain, nervousness, and mild insomnia.
Pregnant or nursing women should seek the advice of a healthcare professional before using this product.
As a muscle relaxant, take two (2) tablets every three hours until relief. For tension and stress, take two (2) tablets with each meal and two (2) at bedtime.
You can contact Dee Cee Labs customer support department by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone at 1 (800) 251-8182, or using the "Contact Us" form available on the company's official website.
The company offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee for all products purchased from the company's official store. If you are unhappy with a product within 30 days of the shipment date, Dee Cee Labs will issue a full refund on the product.
Formula 303 is well received. Most buyers are happy with the purchase. However, some complained about the capsules having a terrible smell.
Formula 303's reviews are very positive. On Amazon, for instance, out of the 4,608 customer reviews, this supplement averages a 4.7 rating, with 92% of the users rating the product with 4 stars or higher.
Formula 303 is made by Dee Cee Labs.
- Timothy J. Legg - Stress and Anxiety. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Anxiety disorders - mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Dee Cee Labs official website. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Matthew J. Leach and Amy T. Page - Herbal medicine for insomnia: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Valerian - National Institutes of Health (NIH). Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Karen Savage, Joseph Firth, Con Stough, and Jerome Sarris - GABA‐modulating phytomedicines for anxiety: A systematic review of preclinical and clinical evidence. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Joel Yager, Susan L. Siegfreid, and Thomas L. DiMatteo - Use of Alternative Remedies by Psychiatric Patients: Illustrative Vignettes and a Discussion of the Issues. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- M. Miroddi, G. Calapai, M. Navarra, P. L. Minciullo, and S. Gangemi - Passiflora incarnata L.: Ethnopharmacology, clinical application, safety and evaluation of clinical trials. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Passionflower - National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- S. Akhondzadeh, L. Kashani, M. Mobaseri, S. H. Hosseini, S. Nikzad, and M. Khani - Passionflower in the treatment of opiates withdrawal: a double‐blind, randomized controlled trial. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Uwe Gröber, Joachim Schmidt, and Klaus Kisters - Magnesium in Prevention and Therapy. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Jeroen H. F. de Baaij, Joost G. J. Hoenderop, and René J. M. Bindels - Magnesium in man: implications for health and disease. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Magnesium - webmd.com. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Jessica Migala - What Are the Health Benefits of Magnesium? Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Anna Serefko, Aleksandra Szopa, Piotr Wlaź, Gabriel Nowak, Maria Radziwoń-Zaleska, Michał Skalski, and Ewa Poleszak - Magnesium in depression. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Valerian - National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH). Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Passion Flower - rxlist.com. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Passionflower - webmd.com. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Sompon Wanwimolruk and Virapong Prachayasittikul - Cytochrome P450 enzyme mediated herbal drug interactions (Part 1). Retrieved on February 5, 2021.
- Valerian Root (valerian) Drug Interactions - drugs.com. Retrieved on February 5, 2021.