We want to start our review by saying that Sensoril is one of the few supplements that we have reviewed with so many positive reviews and testimonials. On paper, the product looks great but does Sensoril really work? How does it compare to other similar products (like pure Ashwagandha extracts)?
First of, Sensoril is advertised as an optimized Ashwagandha extract that was specially developed to support better mood, to reduce depression associated symptoms, to promote weight loss, relaxation and sleep support.
Produced by the US company NutraGenesis, Sensoril looks like all-in-one brain supplement with some excellent feedback from its users.
The formula is composed of only one ingredient – the standardized Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract. This particular herbal extract is extremely popular in many other similar brain supplements. In fact, Ashwagandha is one of the most common ingredient in herbal brain enhancing supplements.
Sensoril contains the following ingredients: Sensoril contains the following ingredients: Standardized Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract.
According to NutraGenesis, the many health benefits of Sensoril are primarily due to its ability to lower the level of cortisol in the body. Cortisol is known as the “stress hormone” which is linked to a number of negative effects on a person’s health and well-being.
Clinical studies have shown that high cortisol levels can be linked to fatigue, anxiety, sudden weight gain, and other psychological problems. NutraGenesis claims that Sensoril was specially developed to address these particular issues. The formula contains glycowithanolide bioactive constituents that have been shown to decrease cortisol in the body and at the same time enhance the overall mood of the patient.
The science behind this supplement is quite interesting but we do have some concerns regarding its effectiveness. For instance, Sensoril only has one core ingredient – the Ashwagandha extract – which may be effective in dealing with the above conditions but it certainly is more effective when taken with other active ingredients like traditional herbs for relaxation. This is one of the reasons so many other similar supplement decided to go with a combination of amino-acids, herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals, and not just with Ashwagandha alone.
We believe that the combination of GABA, valerian root, L-theanine and other relaxing and anti-anxiety herbs is still considerably more effective compared to Sensoril taken alone.
Sale Price: $14.50
Free Trial* Available: No
- Sensoril includes a proven herbal extract used in many other similar supplements
- There are some clinical studies indicating that it works for stress relief
- It is generally safe as long as the right dose is followed
- Relatively inexpensive, which makes it available to most consumers
- Sensoril is not effective and it is not recommended for severe cases of anxiety, depression and other psychological problems
- There is little information online regarding the producing company
- Mixed reviews
- While Sensoril is marketed as perfectly safe to use, its core ingredient (Ashwagandha) has been linked to several unwanted side-effects
- Because Sensoril only contains Ashwagandha, there is a discussion to be made whether pure form of Ashwagandha would be more effective in treating the above conditions.
Depression is a common problem today and there are numerous products that claim to address this particular health issue. Overall, Sensoril looks like a decent brain supplement. The formula is cheap compared to other similar products and the claimed benefits appear to be supported by some clinical trials and research.
If you are looking for a decent natural supplement to reduce stress or to deal with depression symptoms, Sensoril may be a good choice.