This policy does not apply to information about you collected by third party websites and offerings linked to or otherwise accessible from BrainReference.com. The information collected or received by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect or receive information about you when you interact with BrainReference.com. Registering with BrainReference.com is optional and we may collect information even if you do not register. Depending on how you use BrainReference.com’s Services, your BrainReference.com information may include:
– registration-related information (such as name, addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, birth date, or gender);
– information about the BrainReference.com Services that you use, how frequently you use them (such as your use of email or instant messenger); and your responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on BrainReference.com or other features made available by BrainReference.com, including those available on third party websites;
– information about the searches you perform through BrainReference.com Services and how you use the results of those searches;
– customer service information about you as an BrainReference.com user;
– other information specifically related to your use of particular BrainReference.com services or offerings, including information that you publicly post using tools made available by BrainReference.com.
Your BrainReference.com information may be supplemented with additional information from other companies such as publicly available information, information about households, and other information which we may append or match to your BrainReference.com information.
BrainReference.com may also receive or collect certain technical information when you use our services. This may include: the type of browser or operating system you are using, your manner of connecting to the Internet and the name of your Internet service provider; your Internet protocol address; information about BrainReference.com services that you used prior to registering with BrainReference.com; and data relating to computer malfunctions or problems occurring when you use your computer with BrainReference.com services. Additionally, we may collect information about other software on your computer for the limited purpose of protecting your security or improving your online experience.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
Your BrainReference.com information is used for purposes that include:
– to operate and improve the sites, services, and offerings available through BrainReference.com;
– to personalize the content and advertisements provided to you (including to present offers to you on behalf of business partners and advertisers);
– to fulfill your requests for products, programs, and services;
– to communicate with you and respond to your inquiries;
– to conduct research about your use of BrainReference.com; and
– to help offer you other products, programs, or services that may be of interest.
BrainReference.com may use information about your use of certain communication tools (for example, BrainReference.com e-mail or BrainReference.com Instant Messenger); however, BrainReference.com does not read your private online communications when you use BrainReference.com communications tools without your consent.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, you consent to receive non-commercial and commercial e-mail messages from us, and acknowledge and agree that we may use your email address and other personal information for the purpose of initiating commercial e-mail messages. Upon registration for some of our services you may, in some cases, be automatically opted-in to receive e-mail marketing, newsletters or partner promotions. To discontinue receiving such emails from us you can opt-out by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication sent to you.
The contents of your online communications, as well as other information about you as an BrainReference.com user, may be accessed and disclosed in response: to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena), in other circumstances in which BrainReference.com has a good faith belief that a crime has been or is being committed by an BrainReference.com user, that an emergency exists that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person, when necessary either to protect the rights or property of BrainReference.com, or for us to render the service you have requested.
Please note that if you use BrainReference.com communications tools to disclose information about yourself publicly (for example, in chat rooms or online message boards made available by BrainReference.com), others outside of BrainReference.com may obtain access to information you provide.
BrainReference.com’s offerings may include features or functionalities provided by third parties. In the process of providing such functionalities within BrainReference.com services, your browser may automatically send certain technical information to the third party provider. The use of these third-party provided features or functionalities is subject to their own privacy policies.
Business partners or other third parties may receive data about groups of BrainReference.com users, but do not receive information that personally identifies you.
We may use agents and contractors in order to help operate BrainReference.com. Their use of information is limited to these purposes.
DISPLAY OF ADVERTISING
Your BrainReference.com information may be used for the presentation of advertisements. BrainReference.com may use ad networks to customize and display advertising on BrainReference.com Services. BrainReference.com may share certain information about you as a user (such as age, zip code, or other information we have collected or received) with certain ad network and service providers to help them deliver more relevant content and advertisements through their networks. You can learn more about advertising displayed on BrainReference.com as well as how you can control the use of your BrainReference.com information for such advertising.
COMMITMENT TO SECURITY
BrainReference.com Services are intended for a general audience, and children under the age of thirteen should not register without the consent of a parent or guardian.
HOW TO CONTACT US