Namenda contains the following ingredients: Memantine Hydrochloride, Microcrystalline Cellulose/Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Talc, Croscarmellose Sodium, and Magnesium Stearate.
The main active ingredient in Namenda is Memantine Hydrochloride, a NMDA receptor antagonist that is used in moderate to severe cases of Alzheimer’s disease. NMDA receptor antagonists are a class of drugs that reduce some types of brain activity, and are targeted at different systems, based on what de desired action of the medication is.
Memantine Hydrochloride is an FDA approved form of treatment for Alzheimer’s disease, used in the USA and Europe. The main effect of this substance is reducing deterioration, but has little use as a recovery agent; it only has small positive effects on cognition and behavior, making it less recommended for mild forms of the disease.
There are many counter-indications and potential side effects associated with this product; it is strongly advised you tell your doctor of any pre-existing conditions and medication that you might be taking, before beginning treatment with this product. There are reported negative effects for people suffering from renal or hepatic impairment. This product is not meant for use by children, and it is advised that pregnant or nursing women only take it if the benefits exceed the potential risk to the fetus or baby.
The daily dose for Namenda is to be decided by the doctor that prescribes it to you. Reported adverse effects include dizziness, drowsiness, insomnia, vomiting, anxiety and increased libido.
- Thoroughly researched form of medication, with information regarding clinical trials and testing available on the manufacturer’s webpage
- Contains not artificial stimulants or caffeine
- Costs for medication might be covered or compensated by your health insurance
- Company is recognized among the top producers of pharmaceutical products
- This product is only available through a prescription
- The price for this drug can be quite expensive if you are not insured
- Trial offers depend on the choice and possibility of your doctor
- Large list of adverse effects and counter-indications
Alzheimer’s disease is a life-changing condition that affects both the patient and his or her loved ones. This condition should always be treated as soon as it is detected, in order to prevent further degeneration to occur. However, reversal and early detection are not only possible; this means that sometimes the only course of action is to prevent further deterioration to take place. Namenda is one of the recommended forms of medication for when this situation occurs.
For any questions regarding this product or other forms of treatment, you can consult your doctor, or take contact with Forest Pharmaceuticals, who claim that they are always open to offering information to any of their current or potential customers.