What You Should Know
|HCF (Editor's Pick)|
|Lumosity (Editor's Pick)|
|Panic Away (Editor's Pick)|
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused is again our top amino acid brain supplement pick for the 4th year in a row. Although not a real shocker for all you overly informed consumers who keep up on all the do's and don'ts of the different fade products that are coming and going each year. HCF always seems to continue its strong consumer following year after year and we would have to be idiots to not listen to your feedback.
So here's the HCF breakdown and a few of the criteria that seem to make it popular..
- 1) Proven Track Record on it's 90/10 Amino Acid Formulation – Unlike the typical high-dose “fifty-ingredients-in-one” glorified multi-vitamins or herbal "artificial stimulate or inhibit" brain supplements that come and go, HCF's 90/10 formulation (90% F&Q amino acids with a solid 10% delivery system) has proven itself over the test of time to support BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) penetration and naturally feed key "feel good" neurotransmitters and the Hypothalamus (balancing your entire Endocrine System);
- 2) Years of Consumer Feedback by Professionals – Not only has our site here been bombarded by HCF feedback over the years, but the company itself has collected over 100+ documented experiences from professionals around the world as a strong record of product effectiveness;
- 3) Solid USA Trial Offer and a 3-5 Day “Anywhere in the World” International Shipping Policy – Appears USA consumers would rather try a product before buying it and international consumers hate paying outrageous shipping fees and then having to wait 3-4 weeks before even getting their product.
How Does HCF Happy, Calm & Focused Work?
Well the short answer is that most brain supplements and memory nutrients work very similar to multivitamins in a "all-in-one" approach or like a drug (natural herbs) that either stimulates or inhibits your neurotransmitters into feeling something. Let's face it.. most people want instant gratification. But HCF takes more of a long view approach (although a large % report results in 24-48 hours) in terms of naturally feeding the brain the F&Q amino acids that any science book will tell you that your brain needs to have on a daily basis.
HCF's F&Q (F = DL-Phenylalanine, Q = L-Glutamine, pronounced: "D-L-FEN-L-AL-UH-NEEN" & "L-GLOO-TUH-MEEN") are two powerful, key amino acids found in whole-food proteins like fish, milk, cheese, and turkey. F&Q works by naturally supporting the increase of these "feel good" neurotransmitter levels responsible for helping you feel happy, calm, and focused every single day.
Its been said by a well respected neuro-scientist that "based on the modern day stressed out life, which most people live and their bodies face every single day; we would have to consume up to approximately 16 lbs. of fish, 2 lbs. of cheese, 2 gallons of milk, 2 lbs of turkey each and every stressed-out-filled day, just to keep our brain neurotranesmitter levels normal." Now if that is the case…it makes for a convincing argument for F&Q in our diet every day.
HCF works on a 90/10 formulation (90% F&Q amino acids with a solid 10% associated neuro-nutrient delivery system) and the simplicity of the formula to whole food proteins seems to contribute to its effectiveness. Many brain supplements we review will often try to load up their ingredient list with whatever exotic-sounding, "media hype" ingredient is on TV, or will somehow help them pre-sell the product even at the expense of creating an ineffective formulation. But through the years, The HCF Company's no compromise on their manufacturing principles, history and even their track record of standing behind the product has always impressed us and others in the industry. HCF's ingredients include two parts:
Part 1) Two Key Amino Acids (90% Avg of Formulation)
Amino Acid F: DL-Phenylalanine (pronounced: “D-L-FEN-L-AL-UH-NEEN”)
A) Essential (only comes from outside food) amino acid of tremendous nutritional importance.
B) Known nutritional precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), epinephrine (adrenaline) and involved in the release of PEA, phenylethylamine which can sensitize endorphin receptors to endorphins.
C) These neurotransmitters strongly support warm feelings of love, pleasure, happiness, alertness, energy, motivation, memory, attention, internal calmness, and sleep to name just a few.
Amino Acid Q: L-Glutamine (pronounced: “L-GLOO-TUH-MEEN”)
A) Conditional (only sometimes produced by the body) amino acid.
B) Major precursor for the neurotransmitter GABA, or gamma amino butyric acid.
C) Helps the mind relax and "tone down" unwanted "mind chatter" which can sharpen a person's ability to focus and concentrate with more clarity.
Part 2) Associated Neuro-Nutrients (10% Avg of Formulation)
A) Balanced HCF delivery system – Concept is that these precise levels of synergistic vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients support these two key amino acids to pass through the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) and nutritionally feed the brain.
B) List: Vitamin A (as beta-carotene), Vitamin E (as d-alpha-tocopherol succinate), Vitamin B1 (as thiamine HCL), Vitamin B2 (as riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (as niacin & niacinamide), Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCL), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin), Biotin, Vitamin B5 (as d-calcium pantothenate), Calcium (as calcium citrate), Iron (as ferrous fumarate), Magnesium (as magnesium oxide), Zinc (as zinc citrate & zinc picolinate), Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate).
Over the years, we’ve also learned a great deal from your consumer feedback, including; A) importance of taking HCF on an empty stomach with only water so that the formulation is not altered in the bloodstream and thus able to pass through the BBB (blood brain barrier); and B) the reported hormonal balancing benefits as "F" (DL-Phenylalanine) is the only amino acid that actually feeds your Hypothalamus which is the 'master over your entire hormonal system (Endocrine System).'
Additionally, not only has our site here been bombarded by HCF feedback, but the company itself has collected over 100+ documented experiences from professionals from around the world that is quite unique in this industry. Not quite the "product owners friends and family fake testimonials" that we see all too common when reviewing products / companies here. But when we see The HCF Company go to lengthy measures to gather feedback on their form with full tracking (attached profile images, documented, time stamped with IP address and kept on file for 3rd party verification) and then displaying the 100+ professionals its been worth our respect.
Sale Price: FREE TRIAL
Free Trial* Available: Yes
Store: Happy Calm & Focused
- 90/10 formulation (90% F&Q amino acids with a solid 10% associated neuro-nutrient delivery system) which has proven itself over the test of time to a large % of consumers based on their feedback.
- USA formulated and manufactured in an FDA inspected facility that meets the strictest Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards.
- Official product website makes no use of outrageous brain supplement claims, phony testimonial pictures or unsubstantiated claims.
- No compromise on manufacturing principles or track record of standing behind their products.
- Simple formula with only proven F&Q amino acids and associated neuro-nutrients. Not cluttered with useless "media hype" fillers.
- USA trial offer that is available for consumers to assess the effectiveness of HCF for themselves before having to pay the full price for a one-month supply.
- 3-5 day “anywhere in the world” shipping policy for international consumers.
- Online customer account access for managing orders and payment information.
- Manufacturer's trial is not available in retail stores and you can only find it through their official product website.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO), consult a physician before taking this product.
- Manufacturer's trial is not available for orders outside of the USA, but they do ship internationally (seems you can also speak to a customer consultant at USA & Canada Toll-Free: 1-800-HCFCOMPANY (423-2667), United Kingdom +44-20-3582-7192 x 1, Australia +61-03-9008-4237 x 1, New Zealand +64-03-974-4538 x 1, Rest of the World +01-858-524-5118)
Well, choosing HCF Happy, Calm & Focused as our top brain supplement again for the 4th straight year is no accident. Nor is our nominations commission motivated, as you already know by our terms that we are affiliates of 1000s of products on our site (so please use our links) and earn a commission to support our research no matter the product you choose. Our integrity is important to us and its precisely how we evaluate brain supplements in this industry.
HCF has consistently stood out based upon 1) bottom line results – shown through consumer feedback everywhere, 2) common sense formulation approach – opening up any science book and it stating your brain's neurotransmitters and Hypothalamus need F&Q amino acids everyday is pretty self explanatory, you don't need to be neuro-scientist to figure it out; 3) easy to order – the "try it before you buy it" concept is attractive to many since its been successfully used now for years with the company and consumers.. and then add a 3-5 day “anywhere in the world” international shipping (seems the company loses money to make it affordable) and the nomination case becomes very strong for those who understand this industry. Additionally, HCF seems to have first-class customer support. All of our calls to their customer consultants went through quickly, compared to 20+ minute hold times we experienced with other product's support lines. The $5.95 that you spend on shipping gets you a professionally mailed and packaged product; it's affordable and costs about the same as a latt?-a-day habit. We tried three sample orders before writing this review and, two times, it took three business days (during the work-week) and one time it took five business days (order placed over the weekend) to get to our office. For now, we don't know of any other supplement capable of competing with HCF on all of these levels. Will that always be the case? Probably not, but their track record is getting longer each year.
HCF Happy, Calm & Focused is again our top amino acid brain supplement pick for the 4th year in a row. Although not a real shocker for all you…